Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CASH-BACK DEALS -US Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CASH-BACK DEALS -US Bank

HI Everyone,

I hope everyone had a good Christmas week.  I just discover for US Bank that there is something called"CASH-BACK DEALS".  Is this new or something becuase I have the Altitude Visa Go Signature Card and since I got it on Dec 11,2021 and I logged into the website I never saw that.  Does the catagory change like Discover card when they had Discover Deals back then like it expires and then something news comes up.  I miss the Discover Deals already.  So this is like a replcement for me with US Bank "CASH-BACK DEALS". So far I am loving US BANK credit cards" and to me it is almost the same as a Discover Card but with Cash Back Deals you have 10% or 20% whic his higher then any other credit cards at this point.  The BEST thing is if you activate it you can shop Online or IN- STORE and still get the 10% or 20% or how many percentage they give you.  NICE!.  I have attached the screen shot.

Cash Back DealsCash Back Deals

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: CASH-BACK DEALS -US Bank

It's fairly new for US Bank but BoA (Amerideals) and Chase have had their own versions of equivalent programs for a while and a number of other issuers like PNC and Wells Fargo for example have functional equivalents.

The offers have expirations and as existing offers fall off others from different vendors appear.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

It's new(ish) but not new, I've had them since early summer. Since you only have a few offers, your card must be new.

If you're prone to using those offers, check back periodically, they will continue populate over time. 

What's weird (for US Bank), is how quickly you get cash back in the form of statement credit. I used one and I believe it was credited withing a few days from when charge posted.  

Also, there is a Shopping Mall, so you might want to check it out since it involves higher cashback for online  purchases for certain retailers.

Shopping Mall offers are also quick as far as statement credit but every so often link for Shopping Mall doesn't work...just try later. 

I think it's called Shopping Mall, it's in your Rewards interface 🤷‍♀️

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I see thank you.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes my card is new and I just got it 3 weeks ago.  I did use the Shopping Mall and it is fast! but I just had a question about "Cash Back Deals" that appered when I log in to my US Bank acccount.  Thank you.

Message 5 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

"Earn mall" on my Altitude Reserve.    AR isn't great to use online though, so probably give this a miss.

To compare various malls, I use Cashback Comparison (cashbackmonitor.com)  although this doesn't yet have USB under credit card malls.

Message 6 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

"Earn mall" on my Altitude Reserve.    AR isn't great to use online though, so probably give this a miss.

To compare various malls, I use Cashback Comparison (cashbackmonitor.com)  although this doesn't yet have USB under credit card malls.

Thanks, I knew it was Mall something. 

AR is good if you catch 5 point or higher offers, i know i used a few that were between 7 and 10 before Xmas. 

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link

Message 8 of 15
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

It's fairly new for US Bank but BoA (Amerideals) and Chase have had their own versions of equivalent programs for a while and a number of other issuers like PNC and Wells Fargo for example have functional equivalents.

The offers have expirations and as existing offers fall off others from different vendors appear.

Yeah - it seems like many credit card issuers have a functional equivalent to the US Bank program.  American Express is probably the most obvious one (and also the most generous and prolific; I currently have 300+ deals on my Amex-issued card), but Chase, Wells Fargo, and Bank of America all have similar programs that can be quite good (Chase and Wells Fargo are good IMO, BOA is merely OK).  Just based on the screenshot, it looks like the US Bank program is similar to what Chase, Wells Fargo, and Bank of America have.  The US Bank "Mall" is also similar to Wells Fargo's "Earn More Mall"/"Wells Fargo Rewards" program, which can be combined with the My Wells Fargo Deals mentioned above.

The US Bank Cash Back Deals program is good for me to know about if/when I get the US Bank Cash+ Visa.  I'm currently targeting that card for an application in June or July 2022.

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 9 of 15
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Chase has this and the offers are different for each credit card or debit card you have.  

Capture.JPG

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.