Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Experts. I need your suggestion

tag
itzateach
Regular Contributor

I paid off all my debt with a refinance a few weeks ago with the exception of my car loan. My old mortgage will report 0 on October 30 and as of today, the new one hasn't reported yet. My scores right now are as follows:

TU 644

Equi 622

Exp 644

I have one late one year ago. I have a bk from 2003 where all accounts 5-6 are going to fall off in the spring and fall this year.  They all have 0 balance but some say closed, paid. Others say derogatory and still others just said settled for less.

I had 3 cards that I paid off. All 3 were at 100 percent utilization. All 3 now are at 0. I have an authorized acct with hubby for 8800 showing 29.00 balance. I have another author acct with hubby for 2000 k showing 117.00. I know we are all anxiously waiting to see if this falls into the 10 point jump for every 10 percent of util paid off = 100 points. I hope so because you can see that it would translate to scores 722-744. I hope to find that out by 11/9 when my last  card updates. I will for sure post and let you guys know!

My question now is based on  what you see above (no collections) - what credit cards do you think I would be best applying for. I am looking for prime cards - but even with 700 scores I am not sure if B of AM will be so friendly, or AMEX because of the bankruptcy.  I am not sure about Discover - but I would like to build a nice portfolio without going app crazy. I have anywhere from 22-41 inquiries over 2 years on my reports BUT most of them are mortgage related as  we flipped houses for the last 5 years. So taking them out of the picture, I probably have 12-15 inquiries. 

Any advice?

Message Edited by itzateach on 10-27-2008 05:35 PM
Message Edited by ByrdMan on 10-28-2008 04:07 PM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Your expertise needed!

teach, I can't necessarily recommend a CC to get, but I can tell you that the items IIB, should read as such, not settled, derog or anything else. The change in status could help your scores.

If you would like me to, I can move this thread to CC board, where they might be chomping at the bit to advise you.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
treski
Frequent Contributor

@Junejer wrote:
teach, I can't necessarily recommend a CC to get, but I can tell you that the items IIB, should read as such, not settled, derog or anything else. The change in status could help your scores.

If you would like me to, I can move this thread to CC board, where they might be chomping at the bit to advise you.

Ha ha ha ha.  No kidding.  Name it "Potential App Spree!!  Gimme suggestions!!"  Weeeeeeee.

NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 3 of 9
itzateach
Regular Contributor

Alrighty...hand me over to credit card sharks and I will be eaten alive with suggestions,I hope!!Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 9
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Izateach needs your help on what CC to app for.

Message 5 of 9
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CC Experts. I need your suggestion

Bump

Message 6 of 9
wmarat
Valued Contributor

If you really need CC's right now, then you have a chance with Hooters, HSBC, Cap 1, GEMB, Macy's, Target, may be Chase Amazon and local CU.

IMHO, you'll waste hard pull applying to "prime" cards, but I can be wrong.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 7 of 9
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Check out a few CU's.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try a Barclay's card... like Travelocity Mastercard, or USAirways Mastercard. Here's the link for you to pick the one you like best. 

https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/ccsite/affiliates/prtnrCoBrandDynamic.jsp

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.