Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE CO Presidential Plus

tag
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

CHASE CO Presidential Plus

Hi All,

I applied 2 weeks for the Continental Presidential Plus (I am a frequent CO/United flyer and the Presidents club is enough of a benefit for me) and received the 7-10 day notice. I called the back door and they asked that I fax them copies of some identity documents, which I did immediately. I waited a few days then called the backdoor again and the CSR said the documents aren;t reflected in your app yet, call back in a week. I then noticed yesterday that they did a second hard pull (initially with equifax) through experian. At first I was concerned because it showed up as an inquiry for FIRST USA. When I called the number to find out who FIRST USA was, it was clear that it was chase credit card. Is this a good sign, bad sign, should I keep calling the backdoor number or just wait? (My scores are all in the 720 - 735 range with no negatives. Just a lot of inquiries on ex and eq but just 1 on TU in the last 12 months). 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: CHASE CO Presidential Plus

Do you have other cards with Chase?  If you get a denial, it might be a simple matter of shifting credit lines from your other cards to this card.  Just tell them that you to try this card because you value access to President's club and are willing to shift lines from one of your other cards.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 20
anderl
Frequent Contributor

I would wait another week-when I applied, I also got the 7-10day message-got busy w/work and totally forgot I had app'd until 3weeks later when i received a call from Chase's Fraud Dept. requesting identity info- i think i've read on this forum that if it's not an instant approval w/CHASE they usually take about 3weeks- also know that this is a WORLD ELITE MC-it does not report the CL and doesn't/won't factor into your utilization- it is, however, A GREAT CARD to have if you travel a lot and the Concierge services are GREAT.

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 3 of 20
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

APPROVED.!! 19.5K CL. Yes I am happy...
Message 4 of 20
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

Congrats!!  Nice CL as well!  Smiley Happy

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 5 of 20
anderl
Frequent Contributor

Congrats- you'll luv the card!

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 6 of 20
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Rep said it would take 2 weeks to get the card. I asked if it could be overnighted but she said no with new accounts. I really can't wait to get it. With all the cards I have, I have really wanted this one and had way too many inquires last year dragging down my score. I haven't been excited about a credit card like this since my first AMEX. Feel like a kid......(but of course always treat my cc as an adult!)

Message 7 of 20
anderl
Frequent Contributor

Wait until you get the card-it's more like a Package weighing a few pounds! lol- the card comes in a  box which also contains the Membership Guide Book along w/ The Luxury Hotel and Resort Collection Guide Book which highlights over 600 luxury Spas, Hotels, and Resorts( ok-beginning to sound like a commercialSmiley Happy) If you travel/vacation overseas, you'll luv it for sure!

Message 8 of 20
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Does the card offer priority boarding on United / Continental flights?

Message 9 of 20
anderl
Frequent Contributor

Yes. Priority check-in, boarding, and free checked baggage(2 max)-also when you purchase a Business class ticket, you  get a free companion Business ticket.  And of course the Lounges.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.