Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Credit Card CLI (Question)...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CITI Credit Card CLI (Question)...

Has anyone not lately had any luck with Citi showing some love through their CLI button?

I have had the Hilton HHonor Reserve card for almost a year now, but everytime I look at the CLI button I get the script for an obvious hard pull to request a CLI

Anyone having a similar experience or am I just the unique one here?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

Re: CITI Credit Card CLI (Question)...

mine is showing a SP CLI like the ones others have screen shot in the approvals threads, and I am 99% maxed out on that card. SO idk maybe its an YMMV thing

Credit: $80K Total Credit Lines...Gardening until 7/2018
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like everything in the credit world, it is a YMMV thing.  Some people get the same response as you when they want a credit line whilst others get the message as the above poster.

So your best bet is to ring Citi and see if it is possible to get a CLI without a hardpull..

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there someone special you have to ask for?  

I I recently had an issue with my Double Cash card. I bought a wedding band from a company and they put a pending charge on my account for the full amount, then when they shipped it they added another pending charge. It absorbed about half of my credit limit.

I called citi and was told I wasn't eligible at this time, kind of irritated me honestly. I've had the card since November 21,2015 and have charged more than 10k to it and just paid it off when it posted.

is there a special person to ask for? A way around having to wait 6 months for a SP? And not have to do a HP? I'd like to have about 20k on my limit...

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there someone special you have to ask for?  

I I recently had an issue with my Double Cash card. I bought a wedding band from a company and they put a pending charge on my account for the full amount, then when they shipped it they added another pending charge. It absorbed about half of my credit limit.

I called citi and was told I wasn't eligible at this time, kind of irritated me honestly. I've had the card since November 21,2015 and have charged more than 10k to it and just paid it off when it posted.

is there a special person to ask for? A way around having to wait 6 months for a SP? And not have to do a HP? I'd like to have about 20k on my limit...

If you call, they're going to do a HP.  We can't have unrealistic expectations from Citi or other creditors.  You've had the card for a little more than 3 months so you can't be too upset that they aren't offering you a SP CLI.  if the increase is that important then you've got to be willing to either accept another HP and hope for an increase or wait it out until the SP option becomes available.

Message 5 of 10
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Citi has always been a SP for me, every 6 months.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

on partners citi DP just went from 11 to 13k, then requested 20k, it should have been a HP but it was not, only SP.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't get a soft pull option until over 6 months after, and nearly maxed the card and PIF. After that I got one soft pull CLI.

I still have a soft pull CLI option, but everytime I hit it it's denied due to not being 6 months from my last CLI.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't get a soft pull option until over 6 months after, and nearly maxed the card and PIF. After that I got one soft pull CLI.

I still have a soft pull CLI option, but everytime I hit it it's denied due to not being 6 months from my last CLI.

same here for my dc, I think the card was 5 months old, I phoned in and the rep approved a SP request after several denials online.

I still dont understand how Citi CLIs work. In my mind I always thought that you could go online and get a CLI with a HP....but it will not let me.

I mean I know how they work, I just assumed one could get a CLI with them anytime but it would cost you a HP for anything significant.

Message 9 of 10
rex_03
Contributor

Did a SP CLI last weekend on BOTH my TY Preferred, and Double Cash. Both approved, and given a CLI on each.. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.