cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Double Cash Card , Authorized User Not being reported to Credit Agency.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CITI Double Cash Card , Authorized User Not being reported to Credit Agency.

Hello I have an authorized user on some of my cards and I have a quick question. On Capital One for example right away when you trying to add authorized user they're asking you for First Name, Last Name, DOB and Social of user you want to add. Later off User receives brand new Card with completely diffirent number under same bill with me. But with CITI Double Cash card (may be CITI in general) When I added Authorized user they never asked anything , just a name. Card came but card have Identical number. Also because they never asked for social user does not have this card reported on his credit report so in other words user completely avoiding Crdit reporting agency. What do I do ? I mean is it possible to call CITI and asked them to provide new number for user and put his soicial on account and report him to agency as authorized user ?

We're doing this because we're trying to bump up his score and by having Capital One card it's already went up by far. Anyone have expirience with CITI, is it possible at all ? I mean I really couln't care about card number bt having that report is important that is why we got the card to begin with .

Thank you !

P.S.

When getting Amex and asking for Authorized user, Do they ask for social of the user AKA reporting user to Agency ?

Thx

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: CITI Double Cash Card , Authorized User Not being reported to Credit Agency.

Don't know about AUs with Citi, but some banks simply don't report to the bureaus. That being said, Amex does ask for SSN and does indeed report to bureaus.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 12
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: CITI Double Cash Card , Authorized User Not being reported to Credit Agency.

All but one(Sallie Mae) of my AU cards have the same account number. Only Amex asked for social and D.o.B.

AFAIK the AU accounts will only show on their reports if they live in the same house.

Message 3 of 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Oh and as far as different account numbers, I believe only cap1 and Amex do that. All the other lenders give the same account number but just change the name on the card.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

my one citi Au reports just fine.  Amex reports the most detailed. But it only goes back from when they were added.

Chase on the other hand is a strange one.  I think chase does not factor in AU accounts into their internal scoring...and strange thing is, half the time a chase AU card wont show up on a report, even if its almost 6 months old..

Message 5 of 12
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Creditors are not all identical in how AU's are handled and reported. Some issue AU's with a card with the same number. Some issue different numbers. Some report for AU;'s. Some do not. SSN is not a reliable indicator of whether or not a card will report.

@Anonymous wrote:

When getting Amex and asking for Authorized user, Do they ask for social of the user AKA reporting user to Agency ?

They do both.  AU has a different card number.  IIRC AmEx will report the open date as the date the AU was added.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

So ..... I didn't get clear answer. CITI Double Cash card report AU to CB or not. If they do how ? They never asked SS and DOB. Also if they don't by default can Primary asked them to add SS to account and start reporting ?

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

No need to worry. I added myself on dad's citi DC.

Upon confirmation that AU has been added, call in and say you want to attach a ssn to the AU. They will then report to the credit bureaus. I have his 14.6k cl citi DC reporting on all three credit reports.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before husband and I were married, they reported his Aviator without asking for an SSN. It was because of our shared address that they found his report. I feel some lenders will only report if you have the same address, to cut back on "illegitimate" AUs.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone,

Monoglot you answered my question and I thank you for clear answer.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.