Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CL Matching

tag
Tg123
Regular Contributor

CL Matching

I just got a zync, freedom, and bofa cash rewards. I got 3k from chase, and 1k from bofa because the highest line i had at the time was citi with 800 which has since doubled. Would it be possible to call the executive customer service department of citi and bofa and ask them to match chase via a soft pull? If its possible please let me know I think  it could really help my utilization

Forward, Zync, Freedom, BofA Cash Rewards

Current Score: 738 BOA Experian (5/29/2012)

GOAL: 800s
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: CL Matching

They could do if you request a CLI but keep in mind, it could be another HP.

Imo..these cards are fairly new, I would sit on the cards you have now for 6 months and than request a CLI across the board on the cards minus the Zync.

Banks are pretty jittery now days, you apped for too many cards, you could also get a CLD. I have read on other forums that the CLD does happens.

Good luck !

Message 2 of 9
Crashem
Valued Contributor

This is an example when you are trying to build CL's up, you need to be smart on when and how you apply.  If OP had known and waited for Chase to hit, the other new lines probably would have been much higher to start with.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 9
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately, they will probably not match your Chase's $3000 CL because your previous highest CL was $800. You've recently recieved a large CL relative to your previous CL, they'd most likely want to see how you handle this CL.

I would try in 6 months, at least.

Congrats on the new cards!

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 4 of 9
Tg123
Regular Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

This is an example when you are trying to build CL's up, you need to be smart on when and how you apply.  If OP had known and waited for Chase to hit, the other new lines probably would have been much higher to start with.

Honestly I didn't expect to get more than 1k on either card and as luck had it I applied for the freedom card last. I thought chase was a conservative lender and stingy with cl, but luckily that was the case for me. I don't see myself applying for anything in the next two years so hopefully I will have great limits by graduation. Thanks for all the input!

Message 5 of 9
Tg123
Regular Contributor

I would like to know if anyone has had any experience in asking a company to match another line and your outcome if you don't mind sharing!

Message 6 of 9
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

I would wait the 6 months, no reason to get a HP.  Pay the cards down to get your utilization under 10% by then. GL!

Message 7 of 9
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@crash...does that same concept applys to CC that don't report a CL like $40k? I wanna get my CL higher, just trying to figure the best way to do that. Chase won't budge but I think if they know I have another higher CL, they may match.
Message 8 of 9
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Tx, yes it does. Chase is good about trying to beat your beat cl when apping for first chase card. What card of yours doesn't report limit? High limits report but might not be included in util calculations
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.