Did you mean: 

CLI + APR request advice

tag
NewKid4Credit
Valued Member

CLI + APR request advice

20.990% and $700CL - BofA Cash Rewards Visa 

21.740% and $500CL - Best Buy MasterCard

24.900% and $750CL - PlaystationCard Visa (edit just fyi: had auto CLI after 3-4months from $500 - $750)

I'm thinking about calling at least BofA and CapOne(PlaystationCard) for a CLI but I also want my interest rates to be lowered. I've always payed on time and I believe both are now at least 1yr old. my current credit scores are in siggy (haven't updated TU or EX scores). I'd like to see Best Buy do the same but I don't expect much since I've only had their card for 2-3months.

How should I go about this? Should I wait? (I plan to pay off all 3 cards in the next 3 months ~50% util in total) and advice, tips or concerns?

Starting Score: EQ 602 (4/27/13) EX 647 TU 669 (1/12/14) Current Score: EQ 725 (5/2/14) EX 705 TU 716 (5/2/14)Goal Score: 720-750 all 'round
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CLI + APR request advice

Pay the cards off first. You want to have 2 of them report 0 balance and one of them report 1-9% of its CL to maximize your FICO prior to asking for CLI.

Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Pay cards down another 50% and then start with BofA and request online for $5k and let them counter.

playstation cap1? I wouldn't bother.

interest rates I wouldn't fret about other than maybe BofA... Don't think the others are worth fighting.

after BofA cli I would check pre-qual for chase, discover, and citi

actually check those NOW! Maybe you will get offer and can bt all your balances to one!!

Message 3 of 4
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@NewKid4Credit wrote:

20.990% and $700CL - BofA Cash Rewards Visa 

21.740% and $500CL - Best Buy MasterCard

24.900% and $750CL - PlaystationCard Visa (edit just fyi: had auto CLI after 3-4months from $500 - $750)

I'm thinking about calling at least BofA and CapOne(PlaystationCard) for a CLI but I also want my interest rates to be lowered. I've always payed on time and I believe both are now at least 1yr old. my current credit scores are in siggy (haven't updated TU or EX scores). I'd like to see Best Buy do the same but I don't expect much since I've only had their card for 2-3months.

How should I go about this? Should I wait? (I plan to pay off all 3 cards in the next 3 months ~50% util in total) and advice, tips or concerns?

I would wait considering your cards UTil are around 50%. BofA wants more credit history before you can get your interest rates lowered. And what's your income at the moment? We need more info. 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.