Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI question

any thoughts on how long to wait on Walmart and JC Penny before trying to get a CLI? got both in early June and have been PIF on all charges - didn't want to try too soon and not get anything....thnx
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI question

You can ask anytime you like.But i believe its every 3-4 months.I have only recieved 1 from Wal Mart for a whopping $75. And 1 from Jc Pennys for $400.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks - JCP only gave 150 cl to start with - so I'm not sure how generous they will be - walmart is starting at 600  -  I may wait til next month - maybe well into the 3rd month they will do it -
Message 3 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

mom Walmart is 4 months. Do not ask before that. Actually most wait 4 statements. You hit the button early you will be declined.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
thanks - JCP only gave 150 cl to start with - so I'm not sure how generous they will be - walmart is starting at 600  -  I may wait til next month - maybe well into the 3rd month they will do it -

Thats a better starting cl with wal mart than i recieved. I recieved a $400 starting cl and recieved 1 cli at my request.i havnt asked for a cli since...I wouldnt really expect to much from wal mart gemb...

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

good to know - I will wait til Sept or Oct to try - on both.  I have some junk due to fall off around then too, so maybe will let that stuff get off of the reports and try it - not expecting much but would like to grow that ratio of available credit - thanks! 
Message 6 of 7
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

I have 4 gemb cards and CLI's have been at the 4 month mark with no exceptions. Even a day early and it will be declined. Example: Old Navy, opened july 08, $450 to start 4 billing cycles later early Dec. asked for cli and ok'ed for $200. Then forgot when my 4 billing cycles was and asked for CLI late March. Declined. Looked up my payment history and 3 days later asked again. Approved for $300 more. It has been the same with WalMart, Chevron as well. Bass Pro will not show any luv though.
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.