Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP noticed by clerk

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP noticed by clerk

@Nixon, Yes and no...  They just want to make sure you use the card enough to get "attach" to it and keep using it!

Message 11 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol....attached nothin. They keep cutting bennies and ill move my CL over to another one of my many Chase cards and close it.
Message 12 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You'd honesty be surprised in some towns who has TRUE wealth and who is just another false flaunt. Some folks who I'm talking about are the ones who come into my work place, look like they just got out from living underneath a bridge (you wouldn't even think they have a penny to their name), very nice and modest attitude, whip out an AMEX and later see them get into a Maserati. That's true old money class right there to me. Now the idiots on the other side of the spectrum that give the illusion they are something.... 98.9% aren't and don't have a pot to **** in, lol. 

From coming in a upper class town, I can honestly say one thing: Just because you drive a new BMW or Benz does NOT mean you are wealthy-- for all I know you could be struggling to make payments on that thing and are up to your head in debt. 

I grew up in a very affluent area too, mainly what you referred to as old money. I will tell you that old money people don't drive a Maserati. The fact that people with generations of wealth in your area buy Maseratis means they don't get the whole new money vs old money thing and that is okay. I hope everyone just does what makes them happy. 

Message 13 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FICOSCORENINJITSU, I did not do myself my saying a dirty debit card.. I "love" credit cards!  Since I am little.  At first I loved them because to me it was a proof of social rank but not anymore.  My lil sister was watching "Rich Kids of Beverly Hills" one day and you see those rich a** kids paying Hermès bags with theur debit cards, they reallt don't care. They want the bag, they don't care about showing a nice credit card.  You see another one paying a 35k furniture bill with an Amex Green..  

As I was working in this store for a month, I was honestly more excited to see what kind of people were paying with what card than explaining them what ingredients were in the perfume.  Which is maybe really weird.. So I did pay attention to the credit cards people were handing me because I was interested.

It's 2014 and people care much about how much they have than the color of the CC.  The landlord of the commercial space also owned the townhouse next door, always used a debit card BofA with his picture from 1998 on it when spending 30 minutes to pick up a new scent for $250.   

Here, we really like getting approved and understand how and why, and if's and maybe's... This is really exciting. 

As much as I love paying with my PRG, I am more excited to get rewards including the sign up, to never carry a balance or to have my luggages covered when I am flying. 

The card is gold... Huum Cool.  

Message 14 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rembrandt, I totally agreee with you!  

CSP is cool, I want it too!  But because of the non forex fees, the 40k UR bonus... not because it's metal.  I actually think it's gross, like a fake Centurion.  When I was AU on my mom's I asked to receive a plastic version of it.  It was cooler. 

Message 15 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish the PRG was metal core..

Lol.
Message 16 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I wish the PRG was metal core..

Lol.

Nixon, you're the best.

Message 17 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know.
Message 18 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

hahah, I got that impression.

Message 19 of 49
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe because I live in New York City but considering the fact Chase is everywhere and that the card "only" need 5k credit limit, I have seen that card everywhere. 

I was working retail (perfume store) for 1 month between job, niche brand, not high end but you know... everybody seemed to have it and I was kinda jealous because I was starting credit. (I still am)

I have seen the CSP version with the "CHASE PRIVATE CLIENT" mention though... Heart

One day, some guy paid with a Centurion and I did not took care of him but was standing next to my coworker. When he left I told her, "I haven't seen one that close" and she looked at me like I was weirdo.  I remember she said "well I haven't paid attention, I'm just looking at the register saying 'approved' and make sure my comission check gets bigger"

Same girl, who wears fancy brands and save 3 months paychecks to buy a Prada bag with her regular BofA Cash Rewards she put on autopay.  

I have similar stories like that. Haha

And then you have custumers who show up, buy 5 bottles of perfumes with a dirty Chase debit card.  Smiley Happy

While I was an AU on my mom's CSP back in 2011 when it started (I think..) I remember the barista at Sbux checking it like wow, now people swipe cards like they don't really care, they barely watch them.  

Bottom line, a cool looking CC is more for yourself than to show off, I mean I am not stupid I prefer paying with my Amex than a Capital One (no offense!! I have both) but no cashier really cares honestly, and if they do, it just makes people uncomfortable. 

The CSP is now everywhere*, a friend who works at Chase told me they're pushing it like crazy and wants them in every wallet because of the AF and the siggy swipping fees. 

* and also it is a REALLY good card. 

Just my 3 cents.. ha!

That is what suprised me because I am in NYC as well.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 20 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.