Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP odds?

I've been eyeing the CSP and was going to pull the trigger in April when my Discover CB match ends, but have some big spending coming up in the next 2 months that would allow me to reach the bonus. Here are my data points, what do you think my odds are? Better to apply for Freedom, then go CSP in the future?

EX: 737 (2), TU: 733 (3), EQ: ? (3)

03/17 Discover It - $2.6k CL

01/17 AMEX BCP - $9k CL

09/16 Student Loan - $6.5k/$6.5k

06/16 Capital One QS - $1.35k

No baddies and current util is <1%

Oldest: 19 mo; AAoA: 15 mo

Household income around $57k (married college student)

No banking relationship with Chase at the moment

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP odds?

CCJ is Chase credit journey. Useless fako score but some folks get solid offers.
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been signed up for it for a few months now. I've even checked in-branch for pre-approvals and they've always indicated that since I don't have any Chase products, I wouldn't be eligible for those in-branch pre-approvals.

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you looked up the CSP on the credit pulls database?

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been signed up for it for a few months now. I've even checked in-branch for pre-approvals and they've always indicated that since I don't have any Chase products, I wouldn't be eligible for those in-branch pre-approvals.

You can still check for Chase preapproved offers online, the link is https://www.chase.com/prequalified

But from the information you provided, I'd say you have a moderately good chance of approval. Your score looks good although your history looks a little bit short.

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've checked the pre-quals site, nothing. I've checked the pulls database, but my situation is a bit more unique since I have a short credit history and no prior Chase banking relationship. 

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've checked the pre-quals site, nothing. I've checked the pulls database, but my situation is a bit more unique since I have a short credit history and no prior Chase banking relationship. 

Hard to say, your income is fine and so is your credit score. The only thing that makes me pause is your very short credit history. But I’d put the odds better than 50/50. If not now tho I bet in 6 months to a year it would be way higher.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think your odds are good. Age is a bit short, but you've got a good history, good income, good scores, good limits, good everything else.
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please excuse me for intruding, how do we check the credit pulls database? Thanks
Message 9 of 21
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

We're not allowed to link to it, but we can tell you to search for it on Google. Smiley Happy It'll be the first link in the results.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.