Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CSP with EMV

Fantastic! Just got it as well.
Message 11 of 101
GOldfishes
Contributor

Waiting to see what it looks like before I do it...

Experian: 734 Equifax: 765 Transunion:776

BoA Cash Rewards($6500)|Fidelity Investment Rewards AMEX($5000)|Chase Freedom($4000)|
Chase Sapphire Preferred($6500)|Amex PRG ($NPSL)|Amex SPG($6000)|Amex Business Gold Rewards($NPSL)|Amex BCE ($10,200)|Citi AA Exec ($10,500)|
Message 12 of 101
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I just called in and asked for mine. They said it'll be here within 1-2 days.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 13 of 101
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

I have it on my Amex Platinum but I'm tempted to request it as well, just because haha.

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 14 of 101
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Sent a secure message, and then called after 2 hours and I got the message I am set to receive my new card within the next 1-2 business days. Smiley Happy EMV WOHOOO.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 15 of 101
surehit
Regular Contributor

I just called up and got mine with a chip in it, super easy conversation.

This is going to be my 3rd working CSP card that I have at the same time haha, since when I first got my card they mailed me two. 

AMEX Platinum Gold - NPSL | Citi ThankYou Premiere 20k | NASA Platinum Rewards - 20k | Alaska Airlines Visa Signature - 5k x 5 (Not sure why I needed 5.... but still....) | Amex Blue Cash Everyday - 21K | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 15K | Ritz Carlton Card - 10k | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - 5k | BECU Visa - 3k |Barclaycard Rewards - 2k | Chase Amazon Rewards - 1k | Discover IT Student - 500 | Chase Slate - 500 | Walmart Store Card - 700 | BBY CitiBank - 1500 | BBY CitiBank -1000

Eq (MyFico) 767 | TU (FICO) 759 | Ex (FAKO): 749
Message 16 of 101
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@GOldfishes wrote:

Yes, this should be interesting.  A lot of people like the current CSP, and once you can get past "Wow a chip, look, a chip!!!" my guess is that, like every other EMV card, it won't integrate well into the design.  But maybe Chase will be clever.

Not to mention that it's not Chip&Pin, so it's not that useful addition anyway.  Oops,mentioned it.

Message 17 of 101
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@GOldfishes wrote:

Yes, this should be interesting.  A lot of people like the current CSP, and once you can get past "Wow a chip, look, a chip!!!" my guess is that, like every other EMV card, it won't integrate well into the design.  But maybe Chase will be clever.

Not to mention that it's not Chip&Pin, so it's not that useful addition anyway.  Oops,mentioned it.

If there's a chip in it, it means the card won't be swiped every time. That'll reduce the amount of scratching, so that'll make it look better! Smiley Happy

Now the UA Club card needs to hurry up and get a chip as well...

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 18 of 101
Radek7752
Contributor

Just got off the phone with Chase and thought I would share. Chase was unable to send me a card with EMV because my CSP is a World Mastercard. The representative said I would need to convert my CSP back to a Visa Signature in order to process the request (I had mine converted back in March from Visa to Mastercard). I decided to pass because my CSP is much more useful to me as Mastercard than it would be as a Visa with EMV. I am hoping it was just a misinformed rep or that such a request can be accomodated in near future because it doesn't really make sense.

BoA: Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard
Chase: Sapphire Preferred (WMC)/Freedom/Amazon/Auto Loan (41k)
Citi: Thank You Preferred/Forward/Simplicity
AmEx: Zync/Blue Cash/Starwood Preferred
Discover: IT
GE: JCP/Walmart Discover
Message 19 of 101
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

@Radek7752 wrote:

Just got off the phone with Chase and thought I would share. Chase was unable to send me a card with EMV because my CSP is a World Mastercard. The representative said I would need to convert my CSP back to a Visa Signature in order to process the request (I had mine converted back in March from Visa to Mastercard). I decided to pass because my CSP is much more useful to me as Mastercard than it would be as a Visa with EMV. I am hoping it was just a misinformed rep or that such a request can be accomodated in near future because it doesn't really make sense.

Now, that sucks and makes absolutely no sense at all what the rep said.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 20 of 101
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.