Did you mean: 

CSP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Freedom card has $30.3k limit and I also UMEP card with $5k limit. Will I have any chance at getting a decent limit with a CSP

No way for us to know.  It's not just a matter of your existing limits.  You entire credit profile and income will determine the limits that you qualify for with any creditor.

@Anonymous wrote:

Does Chase have any sort of cap on total CL one can have? 

Your credit profile and income will determine your internal limit.  Every creditor is only going to be willing to extend a certain amount to a given credit profile.  We don't know such specifics for any creditor.  We can try to use aggregated anecdotal evidence but there are pitfalls in doing so.

@Anonymous wrote:

Denied due to "according to EQ, too many cards opened in last 2 years". Extremely shocked. Any suggestions?

As stated above, it's the 5/24 thing.  You'll have to wait to apply until you're out of it.  While there isn't a sticky it is a very common discussion topic so don't overlook existing threads as resources.

Will go through the other threads. Thanks for the info! 

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Denied due to "according to EQ, too many cards opened in last 2 years". Extremely shocked. Any suggestions? I called 888/609-7805.

I've opened over the past 2 years:

AMEX platinum

AMEX Costco

Citi simplicity

Bestbuy MasterCard 

Just had to get AMEX green card I believe from my employer

I bought a truck in November 

Credit score 740-750, definitely a few inquiries nothing insane though 

I have a mortgage that would also show from within last 2 years, divorced but my name hasn't come off of it yet. 

Yet another victim of 5/24. If only that sticky request post was actually listened to. 

Sorry, evidently I missed this.....I'll look for whatever post you are referring to. 

No reason to be sorry. Almost two months ago, I asked for a sticky post because there were several people a week doing exactly this. Applying for a card they had zero chance of getting due to the 5/24 rule. It fell on deaf ears.

Just read it. I don't think that I have more than 5 cards that have been opened within that timeframe. Unless the Green Card is already reporting as opened....

When was the last time you checked Credit Karma? If you pull it now, you'll know your whole story.

Could you elaborate on what you mean? I just signed in but can't locate an area that says specifically "recently opened accounts"....

Sure, just open your EQ report and check accounts. There is an option to sort accounts by open date. If you have 5 accounts with open dates in the last 2 years, you are disqualified from the CSP, Freedom, and Slate. 

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found it. I completely forgot I got a Chase UEMP card 🙈

So since February 2015 I've opened 5 total. I suppose that means I have to wait until February 2017 before I can get CSP and can't get any new cards between now and then?
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Found it. I completely forgot I got a Chase UEMP card 🙈

So since February 2015 I've opened 5 total. I suppose that means I have to wait until February 2017 before I can get CSP and can't get any new cards between now and then?

Correct. As of Monday. That's only a year. 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.