Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR Sign-up Bonus Inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSR Sign-up Bonus Inquiry

I recently received 'Sapphire Reserve' card and had a question on how an airline ticket would be considered toward the sign-up bonus requirement (i.e. $4000 purchase in 3 months) and their '$300 annual travel reward'. If I purchase a $1000 airline ticket, I am assuming the '$300 annual travel reward' would directly get applied toward this airline ticket - would the remaining $700 be considered towards $4000 requirement OR would the complete purchase $1000 be eligible as part of $4000 requirement OR would $1000 be excluded completely?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: CSR Sign-up Bonus Inquiry

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently received 'Sapphire Reserve' card and had a question on how an airline ticket would be considered toward the sign-up bonus requirement (i.e. $4000 purchase in 3 months) and their '$300 annual travel reward'. If I purchase a $1000 airline ticket, I am assuming the '$300 annual travel reward' would directly get applied toward this airline ticket - would the remaining $700 be considered towards $4000 requirement OR would the complete purchase $1000 be eligible as part of $4000 requirement OR would $1000 be excluded completely?

The complete $1000 counts towards the minimum spend requirement.   The fact that you get $300 back doesn't matter.   However, you would only earn the UR (3x) on the $700 part, this is a fairly recent change but not all that dramatic.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSR Sign-up Bonus Inquiry

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The complete $1000 counts towards the minimum spend requirement.   The fact that you get $300 back doesn't matter.   However, you would only earn the UR (3x) on the $700 part, this is a fairly recent change but not all that dramatic.

Thank you for clarifying.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.