Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Called to close First Premier - CLI and fees waived

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Called to close First Premier - CLI and fees waived

Don't think that we don't see the Credit One in your profile.
Message 11 of 22
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

ROFL 0012 Crystalball.gif

Message 12 of 22
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

@Medic981 wrote:

Just make sure you mark on several calendars your AF anniversary date and call before the fee is due next. That is what predatory credit lenders do, wait for you to miss your cancelation date and take advantage of people who have no other options. 

Yea, having a 455 score was expensive. Part of my credit rebuilding journey have been extensive excel sheets detailing pretty much everything. I'm never paying them a(nother) dime.

Current FICO8:

2017: $200 secured card | 2023: $200,000+ total credit line
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending 💰 TO a baby mama = being STUCK with her in my book😜

If you're sending a ✔ you ain't got 'rid' of nobody....you're paying for hay with no milk to show for it😌
#Avoid-in-the-1st-at-all-cost 🏃😂
Message 14 of 22
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley LOL

They're due for a phone call in October. I'll see if they counteroffer with a CLI and AF waiver and then debate whether or not it's worth tarnishing my MyFico signature for.

But this will remain hidden.

FPB.jpg

Current FICO8:

Message 15 of 22
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Medic981 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
👍 just leave that thing in the trunk....better yet take it straight to the shredder with the other one😜

Just jk around....but in all seriousness do NOT get indebted to those ppl FP is a 'jump-off' not the long term marrying type you want to get stuck with....

Go ahead and 'use' 'em for the new CL and the additional credit available% and the aging but seek her 'replacement' before you mess around and get 'that' one pregnant one night and be 'stuck' with her 😌

Nah, you can always get rid of your baby momma. You will just be paying child support until your baby graduates.

This whole exchange is more cringeworthy than watching spiders feed 

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

1Definitely cancel this card it’s so expensive! I currently have this card. I’m at 71% util overall with a 0 balance on this card, but I can’t close it until I get util to 8%. I’m tempted to call and cancel to see if they will at least waive the fees. You have a better deal than I do. I have a $12 fee per month with no balance. Smh 🤭

Message 17 of 22
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Definitely cancel this card it’s so expensive! I currently have this card. I’m at 77% util overall with a 0 balance on this card, but I can’t close it until I get util to 8%. I’m tempted to call and cancel to see if they will at least waive the fees. You have a better deal than I do. I have a $12 fee per month with no balance. Smh 🤭

What's your SL on the card and what's your total limit across all accounts?

Unless it makes up a big percentage of your total limit, it's not going to make a big impact on your utilization. I wanted my util. below 30% when canceling, but I wasn't going to pay an annual fee on a card I don't need for a 2% difference in util. I would call to cancel, more than likely they will counteroffer with a fee waiver and a CLI. It's a win win. If you get your fees waived and a CLI, it'll help your utilization and you won't be throwing money away at them. If they don't counteroffer, you're better off with one less vulture circling around you.

My $0.02.

Current FICO8:

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jayjayhawaii wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Definitely cancel this card it’s so expensive! I currently have this card. I’m at 77% util overall with a 0 balance on this card, but I can’t close it until I get util to 8%. I’m tempted to call and cancel to see if they will at least waive the fees. You have a better deal than I do. I have a $12 fee per month with no balance. Smh 🤭

Unless it makes up a big percentage of your total limit, it's not going to make a big impact on your utilization. I wanted my util. below 30% when canceling, but I wasn't going to pay an annual fee on a card I don't need for a 2% difference in util. I would call to cancel, more than likely they will counteroffer with a fee waiver and a CLI. It's a win win. If you get your fees waived and a CLI, it'll help your utilization and you won't be throwing money away at them. If they don't counteroffer, you're better off with one less vulture circling around you.

My $0.02.

My starting limit was 500 and my limiti is 750 or 800 (I honestly can't remember). I'm going to call tomorrow, fingers crossed I can get a hold of someone to cancel, because you are absolutely right. My overall credit limits are about $20k and my utilization is 71%. 

Message 19 of 22
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jayjayhawaii wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My $0.02.

My starting limit was 500 and my limiti is 750 or 800 (I honestly can't remember). I'm going to call tomorrow, fingers crossed I can get a hold of someone to cancel, because you are absolutely right. My overall credit limits are about $20k and my utilization is 71%. 

If your util is 71% on 20k that means you're carrying $14,200 in balances. So let's the say the FPB card is $800, that makes your total credit limit $19,200. You could cancel the FPB card and your util would be 74% - A difference of 3%.

Current FICO8:

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.