cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I call Amex and ask for account number to log in online or do I have to wait till card comes?

tag
kromix
New Contributor

Can I call Amex and ask for account number to log in online or do I have to wait till card comes?

New Amex, how long after application can I call and ask for the Account number so I can register online? Do I have to wait till card comes?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Can I call Amex and ask for account number to log in online or do I have to wait till card comes

@kromix wrote:

New Amex, how long after application can I call and ask for the Account number so I can register online? Do I have to wait till card comes?

Congrats on your new card.  You have to wait until the card come before registering it online.  You'd need more than just the account number to register.  You also need the 4 digit code. 

Message 2 of 6
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: Can I call Amex and ask for account number to log in online or do I have to wait till card comes

@kromix wrote:

I'm pretty sure you have to wait till the card comes to activate and then register your card.

Message 3 of 6
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

What DI said!  Smiley Happy

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 on what everyone else already said, and just a sidenote:  If you ever have a credit card issuer whose CSRs are willing to disclose your full account number to "you" over the phone, drop that issuer immediately!

Message 5 of 6
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 on what everyone else already said, and just a sidenote:  If you ever have a credit card issuer whose CSRs are willing to disclose your full account number to "you" over the phone, drop that issuer immediately!

+1!!!!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.