Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get approved?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I get approved?

Hi All,

I filed bankruptcy chapter 7 back in August 2010 and over time I was able to get a few capital one cards, discover, Barclay and few others.  All my cards range from $2000-$17,500 limits.  I've done well keeping my debt to basically $0.  Long story short I checked my credit and my fico is about 751-780 between the three companies. 

When I filed Amex was a company I had discharged about $10,500.  Fast forward 10 years do I have a good chance of getting approved?  Has anyone had luck? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can I get approved?

Is the BK7 completely off your CRs?

If AmEx was IIB, chances are you're on their internal blacklist. There's no specific timeframe for how long one can remain on such a list.  If you were to apply and no HP takes place, then it's likely you're still on the naughty list.  That said, there's been plenty of individuals who have been eventually approved after several years.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes credit report shows nothing in public records.  Utilization is 2%

Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The only way to know for sure is whenever you decide to apply.  Just keep in mind that if you were to try the AmEx pre-qualification portal, and if any offers pop-up, it still has to cross-check their internal database.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.