Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot pay my T-Mobile bill with credit card

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Cannot pay my T-Mobile bill with credit card

@galahad15 wrote:

Just curious, for those who have T-Mobile like the OP and are using  credit card payments shortly before the debit-based AutoPay goes through, how were you able to suiccessfully prevent T-Mobile from double-billing you twice, once for the manual credit card payment AutoPay override and then a second time using the original debit card AutoPay payment methold?  (This is what T-Mobile did to me, the last time a few months ago I had tried to make a credit card payment shortly before the debit-based AutoPay method kicked in -- I was billed twice, for the same payment.)

I'm not quite sure of the minimum time, but when I have paid it say 5 days before the autopay, the autopay automatically cancels without issue.  Doing it the same day might not work as well.  How long was your "shortly before", days or hours?

Message 11 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@galahad15 wrote:

Just curious, for those who have T-Mobile like the OP and are using  credit card payments shortly before the debit-based AutoPay goes through, how were you able to suiccessfully prevent T-Mobile from double-billing you twice, once for the manual credit card payment AutoPay override and then a second time using the original debit card AutoPay payment methold?  (This is what T-Mobile did to me, the last time a few months ago I had tried to make a credit card payment shortly before the debit-based AutoPay method kicked in -- I was billed twice, for the same payment.)

I've been paying with a credit card around a week before the due date.

Total revolving limits 586200 (521k reporting) FICO 8: EQ 707 TU 711 EX 718

Message 12 of 14
creditrizz
Regular Contributor

Sometimes I pay it with a CC before the actual bill posts and it'll create a negative balance (for tax purposes sometimes I want the payment in certain quarter/year even if the bill is not).  It still applies the auto-pay discount when the bill posts, as long as a debit card is on file for autopay.  Got a feeling this won't last forever, but may as well get the points/insurance while we can.

TU: 808 EX: 809 EQ: 811
Message 13 of 14
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@galahad15 wrote:

I'm not quite sure of the minimum time, but when I have paid it say 5 days before the autopay, the autopay automatically cancels without issue.  Doing it the same day might not work as well.  How long was your "shortly before", days or hours?

Thanks for your feedback, iirc, I believe that I had paid either on the actual due date, or possibly the day before, on the occasion that I was double billed?

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.