Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Venture EO APR Reduction Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 Venture EO APR Reduction Question

Does anyone know If there is a chance they would lower the APR after only the first statement? I know some banks make you wait a year. I dont carry a balance but 22.9% on a visa signature makes it my highest APR card besides the store cards.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Cap 1 Venture EO APR Reduction Question

I think EO intervention for something like that after having the card only one month is unnecessary and won't really get you anywhere. cap1 isn't known to budge that early.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something to note though: I have been with them for about 4 years now as well....I am not a brand new customer not sure if that matters or not.

Message 3 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I'd wait till the 6 month mark with the account you're trying on.

if you don't carry balances the time from shouldn't really be too much of an issue.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 5 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya I would wait 6 months at least...  

Message 6 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

EOs are not magic wands. If your profile did not support a lower APR a month ago, it's not going to support it now. You can definitely try in 6 months though. Capital One is open to APR reductions from what I understand, but asking for it at a month is not likely to be met with success.

Message 7 of 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

EOs are not magic wands. If your profile did not support a lower APR a month ago, it's not going to support it now. You can definitely try in 6 months though. Capital One is open to APR reductions from what I understand, but asking for it at a month is not likely to be met with success.

+1 i feel your pain op. i also got that whopping 22.9 percent. and i noticed it does not have a 0 percent grace period. like 12 months. so im not sure if i will make the bonus spend on this one. just finished my spend on freedom.

Message 8 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, there's a reason why you were assigned such high APR. As others have mentioned already, use the card, establish some positive history and you can revisit the option and contact them several months from now. Given that you were just recently approved, contacting the EO right away is jumping the gun too early.
Message 9 of 10
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

I've yet to see Capital One permanently reduce anyone's APR. They temporary reduced mine from 21.99% to 14.99% for 6 months and that was it. 

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.