Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 prequal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 prequal

I forgot to ask..... When I did the prequal on Cap 1 site in the past if I didn't have an offer in would list reasons immediately. The last time it said I would receive a detailed letter explaining the reasons in 7-10 days. I've never had that happen before! Insights? 

12 REPLIES 12
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap 1 prequal

It could be that they just simply decided that snail mail is just the way they're going to go about business now. I wouldn't read to much into it as there probably isn't anything there other than a simple change.
Message 2 of 13
silver_idle
Established Contributor

They probably just changed their system so they might end up sending out letters as well. Keep in mind though, their prequal will only check to see if youre eligible for a secured card, platinum, or quicksilverone (there is a little disclaimer at the bottom of the page), so if youre looking to see if you qualify for one of their prime cards, YMMV.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that I did see. Most things come with listed reasons immediately so just odd. I recently upgraded from the unsecured platinum to regular QS (bucketed I'm sure) so I just wanted to see what the pq would say. I'm definitely in the garden lol. Just planted and will be growing for a while🤷🏻‍♀️

Message 4 of 13
silver_idle
Established Contributor

I dont know where your score and profile stands depending on your credit profile, you could apply for the SavorOne for Good Credit or VentureOne for Good Credit if you have a good history with capital one, but there are abit things Im unsured about with those type cards. While they are prime cards, the agreement do give a $1k credit limit but the language suggest that its fixed (or bucketed), and you dont get any SUB, thats if you care about that, so it might not be the right one if youre looking for growth, though only time will really tell. I was approved for "SavorOne for Good Credit" recently only because I was not sure if they will approve me for their regular SavorOne card and didnt want a triple hit on my report for it to go to waste and will try a CLI next year to see what their response will be to see if it is fixed or not. If you still want another card and dont mind the $1k limit you can give it a shot if your score and profile is right and hope for growth in the future with that card.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Might be a system change and they prefer to use snail mail for whatever reason.

Keep in mind that Cap One only allows your to have a limited number of cards both subprime and prime. Maybe that has something to do with it? 

Also you can only get approved for 1 card every 6 months. 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I only have 1. Well I have Kohl's as well but I was told it didn't count in the 2. I had unsecured Platinum then upgraded a few months ago to the QS, but was told it's just a continuation of my platinum and not considered a new card. If what I was told is right then I have 1 Cap1 card that was opened over a year ago so the 2 cards and opening another Cap1 in the last 6 months should be an issue but I could be wrong.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I don't think cobranded cards count towards the 2 card total either. Since you did the PC it shouldn't count either. 

What card are you interested in with them? 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

For starters one that's not a whole bucket! Mine I'm almost 100% sure it's just that.... bucketed! I'm trying to garden but I would like another QS that had potential, or possibly savor/venture. Those I believe are outta reach right now but I've been thinking about looking into one with miles. At some point in time I'd like to give it a try. 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is SUB?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.