Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One PC??

tag
CBARR82
Regular Contributor

Cap One PC??

Hello all! Have a question. I have 2 Cap One cards with $500 CL and have had them for around 2.5 yrs. I have always carried a high balance on them until paying both off last month. I was advised to pay them down, let them report to the CRA and then request a PC to a QS card. Well I logged into Cap One while waiting on them to report for March and on one card they gave me an auto CLI to $2000! Do I still request a PC? I had a plan and was sticking to it. Now I am lost! Help please!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap One PC??

@CBARR82 wrote:

Hello all! Have a question. I have 2 Cap One cards with $500 CL and have had them for around 2.5 yrs. I have always carried a high balance on them until paying both off last month. I was advised to pay them down, let them report to the CRA and then request a PC to a QS card. Well I logged into Cap One while waiting on them to report for March and on one card they gave me an auto CLI to $2000! Do I still request a PC? I had a plan and was sticking to it. Now I am lost! Help please!

Yes & grats on the CLI Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
CBARR82
Regular Contributor

Thank you, thank you! It felt amazing to see the CLI! :-) when you say yes, does that apply to both CC?

Message 3 of 4
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

Congrats on the CLI.

If you do a PC, your CL should stick with you, and you can get better rewards with QS. Maybe request a CLI on the other one if you want it, before doing the PC. 

I just did a PC to QS on my 7 year old account. I'd been running pretty hot but staying under the limit for a year or two... paid off once a year... got denied a CLI because my payments weren't big enough. Hoping EO will help with that but otherwise, it's a small bill each month (mobile Internet service) and I'll try again at the end of the year. 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.