Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Quicksilver?

tag
sweettea
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap One Quicksilver?

Since this thread was raised, I just received my CapOne Quicksilver One in the mail today.

For those who were wondering what it looks like, its not metal at all. Just regular plastic, but it doesn't feel flimsy. The front is a a flat steel grey color with a lighter lines running horizontal from the middle to create a contrast in tone effect, like a background highlight. No reflective sparkles like on the Platinum MC blue and white swoop scheme. The grey is in the same color family as my USAA Platinum MC minus the sparkles. The "Quicksilver One" and "Capital One" logos are written in a silver foil. The CC number, owner's name, and exp date are all a white paint. You can run you fingers across the entire card and feel nothing save for the slight texture difference of the white paint.

The back of the card is black with all lettering and the magnetic strip being the grey of the front of the card.

Hope this helps.

Past - CH7 BK Discharged 01/09 | Rebuild Started 05/12 Present - All IIBs GONE! Future - 2015 Mortgage
Message 81 of 96
720andBeyond
Valued Member

Still have yet to receive mine in the mail. They said 7-10 days so I am getting close. 

Message 82 of 96
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

I am also waiting for my Quicksilver card to arrive. Capital One sent email they sent the card in mail on Wednesday. My Green Colored Cash Rewards card was recently PCd to Quicksilver. Funny thing is when I asked for first time they said there is no offer on my account. But when I asked again later they said there is an offer. My account is still fairly new. Opened this accout in April this year.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 83 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bernhardtra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all first time poster long time lurker Smiley Wink

I tried the online chat route and they just referred me to check the offers myself...  Then again my Cash Rewards cash is in the Credit Steps program, so I'm not sure if they PC it to a QuickSilver if that would nix my automatic CLI upgrade

Aaron

Well supposedly you can now actually request a CLI anyway, however if your new Cash Rewards is in the credit steps program then you might simply get a good increase.  Some people have been mentioning they got more than what they initially were told they would get with it.  Also the CLI button doesn't yet work with HSBC cards, you simply get a message that during the transition (which is done, but not, I guess) that these accounts are not eligible for a CLI. 

Awesome, maybe I'll be able to both.  I'm in the process of paying for for a wedding so my cards are feeling the brunt of theses expenses, I know not the best habit for repairing credit lol.  After I get the cards paid down I'll call in and request a PC to the QuickSilver One and a CLI on both cards, I also have a Unsecured Plat MC with a $1000 limit, the Cash Rewards is $750.  I do like the Credit Steps idea with automatic CLIs after your 7th statement, but I've also read after that first CLI people get stuck at that limit for years Smiley Sad  Maybe with these EO contacts we can break the cycle...

Ozix

Message 84 of 96
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

My Quicksilver card also came in the mail yesterday.  Quality-wise, it's definitely a step up from the "Create Your Own Design"cards I've had from Cap1.  It's sturdier and doesn't feel like it will bend easily.  My only complaint is that the Mastercard logo looks cheap on it, but that's probably because I think the MC logo is ugly Smiley Wink

TU: 793 (6/13/17) | EQ: 787 (7/17/17) | EX: 788 (6/15/18)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $40,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Citi Home Depot $8,000 (06/2018)
Message 85 of 96
machine
Established Member

@sweettea wrote:

Since this thread was raised, I just received my CapOne Quicksilver One in the mail today.

For those who were wondering what it looks like, its not metal at all. Just regular plastic, but it doesn't feel flimsy. The front is a a flat steel grey color with a lighter lines running horizontal from the middle to create a contrast in tone effect, like a background highlight. No reflective sparkles like on the Platinum MC blue and white swoop scheme. The grey is in the same color family as my USAA Platinum MC minus the sparkles. The "Quicksilver One" and "Capital One" logos are written in a silver foil. The CC number, owner's name, and exp date are all a white paint. You can run you fingers across the entire card and feel nothing save for the slight texture difference of the white paint.

The back of the card is black with all lettering and the magnetic strip being the grey of the front of the card.

Hope this helps.

I just received my Quicksilver Visa Signature in the mail yesterday too (Saturday) and it is everything you described it to be.

However, I personally think that this card looks cheap on the front with the gray background and foil "Quicksilver" font design. Also, I really really really disklike cards that do not have any embossing or texture for the Name and Credit Card Number, e.g ING Orange Debit Cards, Discover IT, etc. This makes the card feel cheap and almost fake.

The white font lettering is on the front of the card for the Name and Credit Card Number, and to me, it looks as if it can be easily scraped off over time.

I'll keep this card in my wallet as my backup for 1.5% CB, but overall I'm not digging the design of this card, especially for a Visa Signature. Capital One needs to step up their game.

Last app: 7/14/13
Message 86 of 96
sweettea
Frequent Contributor

@machine wrote:

@sweettea wrote:

Hope this helps.

I just received my Quicksilver Visa Signature in the mail yesterday too (Saturday) and it is everything you described it to be.

However, I personally think that this card looks cheap on the front with the gray background and foil "Quicksilver" font design. Also, I really really really disklike cards that do not have any embossing or texture for the Name and Credit Card Number, e.g ING Orange Debit Cards, Discover IT, etc. This makes the card feel cheap and almost fake.

The white font lettering is on the front of the card for the Name and Credit Card Number, and to me, it looks as if it can be easily scraped off over time.

I'll keep this card in my wallet as my backup for 1.5% CB, but overall I'm not digging the design of this card, especially for a Visa Signature. Capital One needs to step up their game.

I was curious if maybe the Visa Sig version would possibly look nicer since its the better of the two, but I guess not. Sounds like both versions are essentially the same in materials and final design.

It is indeed a very plain looking card. My first opinion on it was... really? This is it? My other blue and white card looks much nicer. Heck, my bank debit cards look nicer! I can certainly see the white lettering coming off over time also. I am sure a new card will be needed at some point just for that reason alone.

Still I can use this to gain 1.5% on everyday stuff and combine those points with the 2% I will get on my other card for travel-related stuff, granted just for the short weekend road trips or overnight stays only with the current limit, but still....

Past - CH7 BK Discharged 01/09 | Rebuild Started 05/12 Present - All IIBs GONE! Future - 2015 Mortgage
Message 87 of 96
anthonyma

I asked through the online chat about the options for upgrading an old Platinum MC ($750CL) account with them to Quicksilver and after being transfered to another chat agent I was offered a World Mastercard version of Quicksilver with no AF and same sign-up offers as the Visa Sig version. I asked about getting the Visa instead and the agent said that would not be possible as the card I am upgrading from is a MC. 

Message 88 of 96
Vaetrian

@anthonyma wrote:

I asked through the online chat about the options for upgrading an old Platinum MC ($750CL) account with them to Quicksilver and after being transfered to another chat agent I was offered a World Mastercard version of Quicksilver with no AF and same sign-up offers as the Visa Sig version. I asked about getting the Visa instead and the agent said that would not be possible as the card I am upgrading from is a MC. 

Mind if I ask how long you've owned the Platinum MC for? I've been trying to get my Platnium to PC to quicksilver, no luck yet so far.

Message 89 of 96
anthonyma

@Vaetrian wrote:

@anthonyma wrote:

Mind if I ask how long you've owned the Platinum MC for? I've been trying to get my Platnium to PC to quicksilver, no luck yet so far.

32 months. 

Message 90 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.