Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One SP for a PC/CLI?

tag
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Cap One SP for a PC/CLI?

I've had my Cap One Platinum for quite some time, and am planning on asking the EO for an upgrade to the Quicksilver and a credit line increase.  I've been told most of the time, the EO does this by reviewing a CR via soft pull.

My question is: which SP will they review?  I noticed on my report they last soft pulled me in December...is that the report they will review to make a decision?  Or will they SP a fresh report from February?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap One SP for a PC/CLI?

@Dw4250 wrote:

I've had my Cap One Platinum for quite some time, and am planning on asking the EO for an upgrade to the Quicksilver and a credit line increase.  I've been told most of the time, the EO does this by reviewing a CR via soft pull.

My question is: which SP will they review?  I noticed on my report they last soft pulled me in December...is that the report they will review to make a decision?  Or will they SP a fresh report from February?

Most likely your December SP, if you have updates since then that would improve your score I would wait till the next SP occurs. An upgrade does not require a CR review.

Message 2 of 9
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Hmmm...per annualcreditreport, it looks like they only SPed me one time last year (in Dec).  

So I would have to wait until this December to app?  I have been able to get rid of a couple of baddies since Dec, so obviously I'd rather they review a fresh report.

Is this true for most/all creditors (they simply refer to the last SP, no matter when that occured)?

Message 3 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Dw4250 wrote:

Hmmm...per annualcreditreport, it looks like they only SPed me one time last year (in Dec).  

So I would have to wait until this December to app?  I have been able to get rid of a couple of baddies since Dec, so obviously I'd rather they review a fresh report.

Is this true for most/all creditors (they simply refer to the last SP, no matter when that occured)?

Really, SP might be on other CRAs as well. In this case I would just go ahead and contact the EO with what you want, if they need a newer CR it will be a SP, no one has reported a HP by contacting the EO. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Cap1 gets new sp report on the 8th of each month for me but sometimes they run anywhere from 5 days to 60 days behind on which one they use!

Message 5 of 9
newUser0
Established Contributor

I brought a Experian Credit Tracker Product today.

Does any one know, how to see the SP on this? It only shows the HP for me.

Message 6 of 9
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

They will use the latest one they have pulled. I PC'ed to QS1 in December, and they used a SP from September...Smiley Tongue! The best of luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 7 of 9
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

How will I know they've done a pull?  I reviewed my 3 bureau reports from annualcreditreport, and it looks like they did one in Dec 2013 (EX), One in July 2013 (EQ) and two in January 2014 (TU and EQ).  That's it for the past year as far as I can tell.  

So should I wait until July?  Smiley Frustrated  Or is there a way I can figure out when they do an SP on me (alert?)

Message 8 of 9
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Dw4250 wrote:

Really, SP might be on other CRAs as well. In this case I would just go ahead and contact the EO with what you want, if they need a newer CR it will be a SP, no one has reported a HP by contacting the EO. Good luck Smiley Happy

So should I ask EO to do a new softpull?  I looked on my other CRs and it looks like they SP in January right before I had my baddies removed Smiley Sad  Maybe I'll just wait a couple of months and see what happens...

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.