Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One cli

tag
meka1984
Regular Contributor

Cap One cli

I just logged into my acct and I now have a 500 CL from Cap One. 

I called the other day and was denied a CLI bc I my acct was too new and now I see this. I was told that I would not receive an increase until July.

Go Cap One!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap One cli

Good for you!!! I hope this means that Cap1 will start to get into a giving mood! Smiley Happy

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 15
DEEREAL32
New Contributor

Meka1984....may i ask how long you had the card?? I Hope they will be this generous with me my card is fairly new as well i received it 03/2011...

Message 3 of 15
meka1984
Regular Contributor

I've had the card since November 2010. I just got off the phone and I am still enrolled in Credit Steps and should receive another increase this month. The rep confirmed this with her supervisor. 

Message 4 of 15
DEEREAL32
New Contributor

Congrats!!! you are on your way.....

Message 5 of 15
meka1984
Regular Contributor

Thanks I'm excited. 

Message 6 of 15
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

This thread made me want to go and check my account

Still the same $750 limit from when I got the card in '08

boo

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 15
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Okay, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news all the time, but I'd bet you were given incorrect information.

If you just received a CLI to $500, that means you had a limit of $300 and fulfilled the Credit Steps criteria and was bumped up to $500.  When it says 5 or 7 months, it's really anythime between 3 and 6 months.

If you speak to a Senior Account Manager from the backdoor number, they will tell you that you've fulfilled the Credit Steps requirements.  You will soon learn that CSRs at Capital One are not a reliable source of accurate information, so do not get your hopes up for a second increase.  More than likely, they're still seeing your status because it just occurred -- it will change over the next day or so.

One way to make money off the deal is to have Capital One's CSR to make a note of it on the account along with the offer number, then if they're wrong -- they will give you a $50 Gift Credit.

Message 8 of 15
meka1984
Regular Contributor

JayRizzo....did this happen to you?

Message 9 of 15
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

I've been a long-time customer of Capital One and it's well-known that Capital One's CSRs are not on the same page as far as providing accurate information.  Having been with them for so many years, you learn all about their practices, Do's and Don'ts.  Since each CSR believes they are 100% correct, I began to have them note my account and call back 20-minutes later to speak to another Senior Account Manager, not level-one CSRs, and receive a completely different answer.

Since there are so many conflicts between answers, which I believe is due to poor training, I began to use it to my advantage by having them compensate me for providing incorrect information.  So far, I've had several hundred credited to my account for these anomalies.

Here are some things you may not have known:

1. Yours Truly recently had the Backdoor number added to the stickies for Capital One's Senior Account Managers (800) 707-0489

2. Capital One has both a U.S. and Canada call center, so you'll be connected to one or the other

3. They do not have Supervisors, then have what's called "Floor Walkers".  These are people who the Reps wave over to spot-check the account or get on the call.

4. Capital One do not combine accounts (old news)

5. Cap1 do not approve customer-initiated CLIs (old news), be careful -- they will track this and use it against you for future auto-increases (check Documents online)

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.