Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one you are out of here

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Cap one you are out of here

After trimming the herd I decided to close my 2 cap one cards. They would not let me combine so I decided they have helped me build up and it's time to say goodbye.

Once again didn't even try to convince me to stay with them.
EXP 780 EQ 796 TU 810
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap one you are gotta here

They couldn't  care less that you closed them.

Message 2 of 41
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

feelsgoodman.jpg

Did the same on my last remaining CapOne card this month and it felt good.  20+ years of no CLIs and high APRs.  Parting with DW's is a little more difficult, though. Staying in the sock drawer for now.

Message 3 of 41
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap one you are out of here

Good for you! I bet it feels great. I can't stand cap one. I would close mine if it weren't my oldest at 15 years. It was a discover direct rewards rebuilder before it became a cap1 platinum rewards pos.

Message 4 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everybody can't stand Capital One. 

You didn't hate them when they said "Congratulations" and everyone else said "DECLINED".

Message 5 of 41
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I don't hate them. I am thankful to them for giving me a start. I have built since then and now it's time to move on.
EXP 780 EQ 796 TU 810
Message 6 of 41
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats MomSmiley Happy

Lol, Donny's got a point. If ever there was more or less a prime lender , in this I say at least of the big names, Cap One seems like the #1 stop to start rebuilding. I would just use them for their intended purpose build your credit and either continue or move on. We know the banks won't lose a wink of sleep on us closing up our accounts. The csrs get paid either way and the banks will make their money through rain or shine.
Message 7 of 41
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

And that's exactly what I did. Never claimed to "hate" them.
EXP 780 EQ 796 TU 810
Message 8 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
They could care less that you closed them.

I would argue that they couldn't care less.

Message 9 of 41
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

CapOne wasn’t close to my first card. I’ve had like 6 over the years, but 4 of those were from other lenders they acquired years later. The card I just closed was my “newest” from 2004, a $5k+ card they bought out years ago and jacked my interest rate up on.
Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.