Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Combination and Chase Reallocation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 Combination and Chase Reallocation

It may not have been the right time, but I've been frustrated in maintaining the balance of spend between the two accounts.

QS1 with 1.3k -23ish% opened 06/15

Plat-converted to-QS with 2k -25.9% opened 07/15

I feel somewhat stupid about the primary choice now since I PIF 99% of the time, but I chose to keep the QS1 due to the rate.

Reflecting back... the $39AF will be an issue the more I think about it, but yes the 1.5% rewards will cover it.... but those are MY rewards.

My decision is basically letting them keep MY rewards.

I balanced the choice in my head when I made the decision, but I think I was a bit cloudy with the additional month of age and the lower rate.

*banging head and chanting* "but you don't carry a balance you dummy"

I guess this is just me admitting my error. lol

How bad of a mistake do you think I made?

On another note, I had a large equipment purchase yesterday and called Chase to check on my mileageplus 'flex spend" ability.

$5k limit - $5.5k single purchase need - $450 balance

After rep told me that the decision is made based on history, etc... then me stating my nervousness over the vendor getting a decline.

Before hanging up, she mentions my amazon visa limit and being able to move some of my credit line over. Bingo, problem solved.

Moved $1k from amazon over to united.  Now I'm just hoping to be able to move it back next month when the transaction is complete.

Honestly, I don't use either card very often and I don't even fly united anymore(airport underserved)... I was considering attempting a limit move and cancel the united when AF time comes.

Yes, I do goofy things like "make mistakes" Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 Combination and Chase Reallocation

How about combining the QS1 into the QS? One less card to worry about. and it's only a 2% difference in the rate (maybe ask for an APR reduction on the QS) IF you decide to ever carry a balance. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.