Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne CLI Problem

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne CLI Problem

SO I have a total of (4) CapOne Cards for a total of 5 months.  1 secured with $500 limit, and 3 QS with $3,000 limit each.  They we orginally the platinum and I upgraded them.

Well i use heavy and pay them off and CapOne won't give an increase due to "recent deliquency".

Problem: I havent had a deliq. in over 2.5 years since BK.  AMerican Express updated and old account from "Bankruptcy to Chapter 7 Bankruptcy" causing a new update date.

Is there anyway to recon this? I make plus 6 figures with 680 fico and been paying on time.

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne CLI Problem

@Anonymous wrote:

SO I have a total of (4) CapOne Cards for a total of 5 months.  1 secured with $500 limit, and 3 QS with $3,000 limit each.  They we orginally the platinum and I upgraded them.

Well i use heavy and pay them off and CapOne won't give an increase due to "recent deliquency".

Problem: I havent had a deliq. in over 2.5 years since BK.  AMerican Express updated and old account from "Bankruptcy to Chapter 7 Bankruptcy" causing a new update date.

Is there anyway to recon this? I make plus 6 figures with 680 fico and been paying on time.

So sorry, OP. I hate it when this happens to someone! Chapter 7 stays on your report for ten years, but as I am sure you know many here in the forums have begun rebuilding as you have. I have to clue what to do in your situation. Mine was a Chapter 13 and showed for seven years. I could not begin rebulding for five years and it was a very long five years.

I am sure other forum members with Chapter 7 plus more knowledge than me will respong. Good luck to you.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand BK staying for 10 years.  The issue is when AMEX updated account from "bankruptcy to Chpater 7 Bankruptcy" it triggered a new update date on that account and Cap One is reading it as a new deliquency when in actuality this debt was gone in 2010.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I understand BK staying for 10 years.  The issue is when AMEX updated account from "bankruptcy to Chpater 7 Bankruptcy" it triggered a new update date on that account and Cap One is reading it as a new deliquency when in actuality this debt was gone in 2010.

I had to send a copy of my Chapter 13 to all the bureaus because they were showing wrong dates and wrong information on many accounts included. Also, I would send a letter to AMEX including copies of your official information. Sounds like a glitch to me, but others will chime in, I know. First, I would send the info to the bureaus. Just my take on it.

Experian kept incorrect information showing for months and I had to call and write letters and send documentation before it was removed. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just registered to repond to this. Found a reddit commment and it states:

"Don't waste your time hitting the increase request button online or calling the regular customer service number. It won't get you far with Capital One.

Instead call this number: (800) 955-1455

It will get you to the executive offices of Capital One and they are much more friendly in regards to giving out credit line increases and even product changes if you want to switch your card to a different type. 6 months after your last increase is usually ideal.

The same goes for your GECRB/Synchrony credit cards (Walmart, Sam's Club, Toys R Us, Old Navy, Chevron, Texaco, PayPal, etc).

Call directly to Underwriting instead: (877) 379-8173

And with them, don't be afraid to ask for a credit line of $25k. They'll counter with the highest they can give you. Calling every 4 months with them works best.

Google the phone numbers and you will see from other posts that this is completely legit.

And just because you get a high credit line doesn't mean you have to use it! It helps keep your utilization down."

Message 5 of 9
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

I got that same exact message once or twice when I first got my first QS card along with several others when I'd try for a CLI when I've not recent late or any other derogs. I'm almost positive my account was well under 6 months at the time. At one point it was consistently spitting out my old credit score but my scores were updated with the CRAS and much higher than what Cappy had....after so many failed attempts Cappy finally showed love and stopped giving me silly denial messages. Maybe you're going through the same thing.
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 9
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Nah Victorvilln Cappy EO stopped doing CLI and you need a pin to get through.....they got tired of us abusing them lol

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should get the auto increase of $500 cl after the 6 months on the qs cards.  Once that happens why not combine them to 1 card (10,500 limit) and then see if you can get pre-qualified for another qs/ventur/platinum?  

Message 8 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just registered to repond to this. Found a reddit commment and it states:

"Don't waste your time hitting the increase request button online or calling the regular customer service number. It won't get you far with Capital One.

Instead call this number: (800) 955-1455

It will get you to the executive offices of Capital One and they are much more friendly in regards to giving out credit line increases and even product changes if you want to switch your card to a different type. 6 months after your last increase is usually ideal.

The same goes for your GECRB/Synchrony credit cards (Walmart, Sam's Club, Toys R Us, Old Navy, Chevron, Texaco, PayPal, etc).

Call directly to Underwriting instead: (877) 379-8173

And with them, don't be afraid to ask for a credit line of $25k. They'll counter with the highest they can give you. Calling every 4 months with them works best.

Google the phone numbers and you will see from other posts that this is completely legit.

And just because you get a high credit line doesn't mean you have to use it! It helps keep your utilization down."

I found that on reddit as well, and it used to work but it was abused and you now have to have a PIN to get through to the EO.

In the past the EO was contacted for things that are either within the power of a front-line CSR or are unreasonable to begin with. 

That being said, the situation our OP is in fits neither of these categories, IMO, and is a perfect example of someone who can possibly benefit from attention from someone higher-up.  Smiley Wink

The current way to reach out to the Capital One EO is via email.  We're not allowed to put personal info in the forum, but you can start here: http://bfy.tw/5vwi

It's recommended that you not put your account number in the email message.  They will contact you by phone, and if you're not available they will leave a message with their phone number and a PIN to get through to them. 

Good luck!  Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.