Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne EO response times?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne EO response times?

I've only had one interaction with the EO but it went really well. Essentially I had  a Cap1 Platinum that I hadn't used in years. I received the offer to upgrade to QS and call in to do so. I also tried to get a CLI since my limit was only $750 which was denied due to no activity in the prior 12 months. Thanks to this website I sent a message via facebook, got a response within 15 minutes and was called the next morning (message was sent after hours) and had my CLI that day to $5k. Gotta say I was pretty impressed.

Reached out to Citi EO yesterday about my new DC (lower than expected limit and crazy rate) and they were not nearly as useful.

So essentially if you need to contact the EO it would seem Facebook is the quickest way.

Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

She got all the extra verification info on Tuesday.  Is that enough time to reopen the credit app and review? I don't want to be a pest, but if they can't help me, I'm canceling the secured card asap. 

Message 12 of 28
kdm31091
Super Contributor

You have to be patient. Give them a few more business days, I'd say. They aren't the fastest but are generally helpful.

Interesting to hear of yet another person getting a Citi DC (the above poster) with a low limit and high APR...seems to be the norm!

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

The lady in the EO who was very nice did say she was noticing a trend of exactly that - she speculates its due to the rewards rate. Lower buying power = potentially less rewards being issued. Higher rate = obviously more interest if not PIF. First Citi card, thought it was crazy they have to do another HP for CLI the same day I was approved......I declined.

Message 14 of 28
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yeah they like doing HP's, and good for you for not wasting a HP to get the limit/APR you deserved in the first place. This is why I'm not totally sold on Double Cash, obviously the profit is so thin that they cheap people out of decent limits and APRs, but then why offer the card? It can't be your main spending card (which they want it to be) if they are only giving you a tiny limit!

This also is why I think it will be nerfed eventually - seems like it's a very tight squeeze for them, and sounds like they admit it

Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree on all points. I could definitely see this card going away if they find there are not many account holders carrying balances.

She also said they can't do anything with the APR until after the intro period, and then of course it would be a HP then too.

Message 16 of 28
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yeah, meh I'm just sticking with Quicksilver. Honestly, 0.5% is not worth Citi's headaches, especially since my spend isn't high. I did get approved for a Double Cash in November but closed it almost right away -- it was a "generous" $1k at 22.9%. No thanks!

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took about 2 weeks for them to call em
You can call EO number and find out if your case has been assigned yet

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It took about 2 weeks for them to call em
You can call EO number and find out if your case has been assigned yet

My case is still pending review, according to my call today. She said they may be under a heavy review load, or just hadn't gotten to it yet. She closed with a very polite version of don't call us, we'll call you. Back to sitting on my hands.

Message 19 of 28
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

I find messaging them on Facebook to be easier and quicker 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.