Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne Upgrade

tag
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

CapOne Upgrade

So I've been suffering through the past 3 years with the CapOne subprime Platinum card with no rewards but a decent $3000 credit limit. It's my second oldest line and with the introduction of 2 other rewards cards with $15K+ limits, the time came where I was seriously considering closing the account and not worrying about it being among my oldest open TLs. The past year I've been hitting that Modify Your Features tab to no avail so I have pretty much stopped using the card. 

In the mail today I received an offer to upgrade to the VentureOne card (1.25 points/$1 spent). I couldn't call them fast enough! Gone is the annual fee for the card and I also retain no FETF as well. I know it's not the Venture where you get 2 points/$1 spent, but I'll certainly take it! Very happy now and I can quite possibly shut down my Juni card...especially if they institute an AF like they seem to be doing to everybody else. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: CapOne Upgrade

Thats awesome, congrats

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Smiley Happy

I got the same offer in the mail yesterday...I tried to log into my account last night but it was shut down, so this morning I logged in and click "modify your features"....but it said nothing was available at this time as always. It did say in the mailer to call them. But since it's Sunday, guess I have to wait till tomorrow.

Could you tell me your experience with the upgrade....did they change your APR, Limit, etc..? Curious because I have a $4000 limit on my Platinum card and from the research I have done on there website under terms and conditions for the VentureOne card, apparently there are two kinds...If you qualify for a limit of $5000 or more you get the signature card...Less the $5000 it's just a platinum card but the minimum limit is $3000.

Message 3 of 18
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! I'm very happy for you. Also, I hope that, between you and Maverick79, this is a good sign for the rest of us. I've have a Cap1 Platinum Visa for years and was just given a $5000 CLI a couple of months ago. I'd love to be able to PC it to a rewards card, like either of the Ventures. We'll see what, if anything, happens.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! Smiley Happy

I got the same offer in the mail yesterday...I tried to log into my account last night but it was shut down, so this morning I logged in and click "modify your features"....but it said nothing was available at this time as always. It did say in the mailer to call them. But since it's Sunday, guess I have to wait till tomorrow.

Could you tell me your experience with the upgrade....did they change your APR, Limit, etc..? Curious because I have a $4000 limit on my Platinum card and from the research I have done on there website under terms and conditions for the VentureOne card, apparently there are two kinds...If you qualify for a limit of $5000 or more you get the signature card...Less the $5000 it's just a platinum card but the minimum limit is $3000.

Actually, Capital One reps are there 24/7.

Message 5 of 18
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Actually, Capital One reps are there 24/7.

In the letter, they just mentioned Mon-Sat for the number listed.  

Message 6 of 18
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! Smiley Happy

I didn't really ask...just wanted to do the conversion.  I think if you're so close to the Siggy limit, they'll convert you to the siggy card.  

Message 7 of 18
ficofox
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the upgrade offer. When you accepted, was there a hard pull performed or was it a simple upgrade? This won't show up on your credit reports as a completely new account will it?

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 18
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@ficofox wrote:

Congrats on the upgrade offer. When you accepted, was there a hard pull performed or was it a simple upgrade? This won't show up on your credit reports as a completely new account will it?

The letter states that it's not a new account, just an upgraded one and there was no hard pull whatsoever.  I get to keep the age!   

Message 9 of 18
ficofox
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I hope to be as fortunate soon. Smiley Happy

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.