Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Account Combination

tag
difringe
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Account Combination

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there an easy way to check what your APR is on the cards?  I actually don't know where to look.  I imagine they're very similar but definitely good to consider.  Unless that is substantially different, I will keep the MC when the time comes.

When you log onto the website, click your account balance for the card, then click the 'View Details' link in the top left, and it'll bring up a bunch of stuff about your card, including the APR (first thing noted on that page)

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently combined two Cap 1 cards (QS VS and Savor WMC) and it was pretty straightforward. I happened to roll the older QS card into the newer Savor card as the rewards were more appealing, but in your case I would just keep the older card open as the reward rates should be identical.
Message 12 of 20
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous, another reason to keep the older card is that it's already shown an ability to grow to a decent limit, i.e. it doesn't seem to have a bucketing problem.

Do you have any other cards acquired within that time frame?

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again everyone!

@HeavenOhio, no other cards acquired during that time frame.  And since picking up the QS Visa in mid 2006 I have been in a nice long garden.  

Message 14 of 20
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@pje900
About how recently was this? I don't know if the OP ever got around to account combination with Cap1, but I've been trying since February 1st and all the reps keep telling me is "that feature is currently unavailable and we are working really hard to get it live again very soon" ... or along those lines. It's frustrating, since that is only one of two things I want to accomplish before gardening and they keep telling me that they don't have a time frame at this moment, just "really soon". Cap one is lucky I care to remain a customer at all, really.

Message 15 of 20
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

"We are working really hard to get it live again very soon" is much more optimistic to the scattered CSR responses that we've been seeing previously.

Message 16 of 20
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I guess that's true. I've never been fond of their customer service. I have QS and QS1. The QS was of course a product change, but after almost 4 years, I've never received a CLI on that card. Even the QS1 was increased in a short period of time. So recently, I was like FINE, I will start pounding that card to get an increase, but with a 4yr old credit limit of $300, it doesn't take much to use up the 10% I keep all my cards under and it's just taking up purchase points I would get with literally ANY other card in my wallet. I'd rather be racking ultimate chase rewards than whipping out that Cap1. Seriously frustrating.

Message 17 of 20
CivalV
Established Contributor

That is odd. I spoke to rep yesterday and without asking she said I had the option to combine my accounts online. *knowing the option online does not show on my account* I asked if I have trouble combining my accounts online if I could call back and have a rep help me combine the accounts. She stated yes they can do it over the phone 🤔

I was able to lower the APR for both accounts. No PC offers yet. 7 months since my last PC
Message 18 of 20
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@CivalV

Gah. CapOne does whatever. I just got off the phone with them, after being inspired to call yet again from your comment. The first good rep I ever got and he actually gave me a time frame on when it should be live again. I mentioned the feature working for you to see if that was a push past the red tape, no go. He just said check online or call back around the beginning of April. He estimated 2 or 3 weeks and it will be available. Sure he could've been leading me on, but it sounded legit. Glad it worked for you, but to any others attempting to combine accounts, perhaps this helps 👀👀

Message 19 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CivalV wrote:
That is odd. I spoke to rep yesterday and without asking she said I had the option to combine my accounts online. *knowing the option online does not show on my account* I asked if I have trouble combining my accounts online if I could call back and have a rep help me combine the accounts. She stated yes they can do it over the phone 🤔

I was able to lower the APR for both accounts. No PC offers yet. 7 months since my last PC

At the risk of getting off-topic, was your reduction temporary?  I've not seen anybody mention a permanent reduction from Capital One in ages, and even then it was done manually by the EO (which is no longer possible). 

Temporary reductions are common, but if you got a permanent reduction that will be notable, indeed.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.