Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI Questions...

tag
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI Questions...

dont forget Cap 1 uses an old soft for CLI anyway. So you can pay down that debt, even wait a statement or two, and still be denied a CLI anyway cause the old soft pull they have in their system may still show all of your current balances. Forget about the CLI for right now. Get those balances down first. 

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andy77 wrote:

I think you are looking as my getting the CLI so I can incur more debt, that is not why I am asking for it.  I am asking for it to help with my utilization.  

Larger credit lines and larger balances go hand as the gap between credit limit and balance is wider which in turn makes your utilization better looking

I understand why you are asking for a CLI...but also understand that you were 98k in debt at one point. Do you trust yourself to not get in over your head again? Having more credit could open a new can of worm. The theory is...apply for credit when you don't need it. Works most of the time and you will get approved. Hey...good luck and I hope everything works out in your favor. Just my .02 Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Andy77 wrote:

I think you are looking as my getting the CLI so I can incur more debt, that is not why I am asking for it.  I am asking for it to help with my utilization.  

Larger credit lines and larger balances go hand as the gap between credit limit and balance is wider which in turn makes your utilization better looking

I understand why you are asking for a CLI...but also understand that you were 98k in debt at one point. Do you trust yourself to not get in over your head again? Having more credit could open a new can of worm. The theory is...apply for credit when you don't need it. Works most of the time and you will get approved. Hey...good luck and I hope everything works out in your favor. Just my .02 Smiley Happy

I like that saying... Apply for credit when you don't need it. I think that sums it up perfectly

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do like Dave Ramsey says pay off "In Full" the little credit cards with less limits and than work on the big credit cards that have a high limit. Please I advise leaving the cards with the 0% promo alone because if your capital one card that has a $22K balance if it's at 20%Apr your looking at about $300 in intrest alone a month Holy cr**
Message 14 of 18
Andy77
Valued Contributor

OK...thank you for the replies....so now my plan is to pay off 60, move the balance to the combined capital one card (that is if they let me do the credit card combine) then make large payments on the 38k.

I won't worry about the CLI now

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does cap 1 balance chase?

Message 16 of 18
Andy77
Valued Contributor

They have not chased me and the next large payment I give them will be the balance in full, so unless they want to close my accounts, they can't chase me

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was just a thought ( never heard anyone complain about cap 1 )

Good luck ... 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.