Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI request denied for strange reason

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One CLI request denied for strange reason

So I have a pretty good relationship with Capital One and currently have a Venture at 15K, a Quicksilver WEMC at 6,750 and a Quicksilver Visa at 3000.

I'm trying to get a CLI on the Visa but each time I try it tells me the only reason they won't approve it is that I haven't made large enough payments?

Admittedly I was on a 0% interest for 9 months and rode it a bit only making payments of 100 or 200 a month, but still at least 3 times the minimum payment and on my last billing cycle I paid it off in full. Yet I still get that message.

Anyone else have experience in this and know when it might give me a break?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI request denied for strange reason

Are your payments 3x minimum at least?

Message 2 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

That is a very common reason with Cap1 actually

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am thinking that denial reason is the flavor of the month!! Smiley Happy  I got that reason this month as well - and have never seen it before.

Message 4 of 12
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I miss capital one.....NOTSmiley Tongue

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Yes, they've all been at least 3x the minimum. I've been getting this reason for the last six months.

Message 6 of 12
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Yes, they've all been at least 3x the minimum. I've been getting this reason for the last six months.

The cap one thing didn't click in my brain. I'm still sucking down coffee yet. How many teeth do you have to pull yet, for a cap one CLI? I had infuriating times with them on that subject.

Message 7 of 12
itguy_65
Frequent Contributor

They like to lots of use, and large payments to payoff the use.

EQ (3/24/17): 820 TU (3/24/17): 799 EX (3/24/17): 806
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is how Capital One works. You probably started with a Quicksilver. You now have a Quicksilver World MC and a Venture. Those cards are your cli in their minds and your Quicksilver will remain open but all limit increases will go on the Venture and World MC.

I got my elderly mom a Platinum MC on a preapproved letter. It started at  $750 and was raised to $3750 in 6 months. One month later she was preapproved for a Quicksilver with a $2000 limit and 4 months later for a Venture with a $10,000 limit.

The Venture is now at  $11,000, the Quicksilver was raised to $5000 then a month later to $5500, then in 6 months to $8500. She was declined for an increase on the Platinum card  RIGHT BEFORE the Quicksilver was increased to $8500. The Platinum card will never get increased again.

Just giving you an illustration of how Capital One works. They are quirky.

Message 9 of 12
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@itguy_65 wrote:

They like to lots of use, and large payments to payoff the use.

YMMV....I pumped $2k a month into each card for a long time, with PIF. Still did the EO

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.