Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Product Change

tag
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Product Change

I have had my QS1 since June 2015 and I asked yesterday for them to upgrade it to the regular QS via chat. It took about ten minutes and the initial rep transferred me to a different one that could help me with the the PC. They said the card number will remain the same but it will be a QS and they will send me the new card in the mail.

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 11 of 23
sreneesa
Frequent Contributor

Recently pc mine from qs1 to qs wmc.

Message 12 of 23
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@sreneesa wrote:

Cap One is so weird sometimes.

They would not convert me from my QS MC to a QS World MC but they offered and gladly moved me to a Venture World MC.  

Yet, they move you from QS1 not a QS to a QS World MC.  

I will never be able to figure them out - but I am happy overall.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 13 of 23
Klesko
Regular Contributor

I wonder if they would convert my 3 capone plat cards into somthing useful. All 3 were opened 5 years ago, one was an old HSBC card and all 3 have 5k limits via the EO in Jan of this year. 

Penfed Visa 10k | Penfed PLOC 25k | Citi Hhonors 10k | Total Rewards Visa $25k | Alliant Visa $15k | Barclays Arrival + $13k | Barclays AAdvantage $5k | Barclays Apple $2.2k | CapOne QS WMC $26.5k | CapOne QS $5k | CapOne Plat $5k | Discover 8.5k | Allegacy Visa $6k | DCU Visa $7.5k | Best Buy Visa $11k | Lowes Store Card $30k | Walmart Store Card $10k | Amazon Store Card $25k
Message 14 of 23
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

convert to QS or Venture and combine them into one account?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 15 of 23
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

@sreneesa wrote:

Cap One is so weird sometimes.

They would not convert me from my QS MC to a QS World MC but they offered and gladly moved me to a Venture World MC.  

Yet, they move you from QS1 not a QS to a QS World MC.  

I will never be able to figure them out - but I am happy overall.

I agree on all accounts...  Smiley Very Happy

I've tried two years in a row to convert my QS1 to a QS with no luck.  Some have speculated that I need to get the CL over $3k (I'm currently at $2920) so in a few months when I get another CLI I'll try again.

I've decided that if I'm not successful in getting a PC or permanent waiver by next summer I'm going to combine the credit line with my QS Visa Signature (keeping the Visa).  The QS1 is one of my oldest accounts (going on 9 years) or I wouldn't be as concerned about keeping it around.

Even if I don't get my PC, I'm still generally happy with Capital One.  Once you learn their 'idiosyncrasies' they are one of the best around! 

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

I have had my QS1 since June 2015 and I asked yesterday for them to upgrade it to the regular QS via chat. It took about ten minutes and the initial rep transferred me to a different one that could help me with the the PC. They said the card number will remain the same but it will be a QS and they will send me the new card in the mail.

How did you manage that? They told me the only way to upgrade the card is to be offered the card.  I was told I could not request the upgrade.  

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

It all depends on the luck of the draw. I was trying for all of 2015. Multiple calls, EO emails, chats... You name it. Still couldn't get it converted from a QS1 to a QS. So now I just own a no fee QS1. It's so weird lol

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It all depends on the luck of the draw. I was trying for all of 2015. Multiple calls, EO emails, chats... You name it. Still couldn't get it converted from a QS1 to a QS. So now I just own a no fee QS1. It's so weird lol

That's why I'm so frustrated with them.  I called and spoke to a supervisor who told me there is no way to permanently get rid of the fee on the qs1.  She said sometimes they will waive it after it posts to your card but they cannot remove it permanently.  Seems they make up the rules as they go

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Klesko wrote:

I wonder if they would convert my 3 capone plat cards into somthing useful. All 3 were opened 5 years ago, one was an old HSBC card and all 3 have 5k limits via the EO in Jan of this year. 

My father-in-law PC'd his Plat to QS WMC via chat earlier this month. It was an old HSBC card also.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.