Did you mean: 

Capital One Quicksilver CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Quicksilver CLI

Hello all,

As mentioned on my previous thread, 

I upgraded my CapOne Journey to Quicksilver today, through their online live chat.

My CL on the Journey was only $300, and they were unable to grant a CLI when I asked (before they upgraded the card to Quicksilver)

I have read a couple of times that Quicksilver has a higher minimum CL. Is that the case? I'm wondering if my CL will be bumped up automatically or if I will still be enrolled in the Credit Steps program.

With only a negligible auto CLI to $500 after 5 months on-time payments, I'll still have to use and pay down the card several times a month. Frustrating!

Look forward to hearing responses. Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Quicksilver CLI

Hey dude, generally, I think the QS has a much higher CL minimum. Don't quote me on that though. I think your odds at 50/50 getting bumped up automatically or being enrolled in Credit Steps. You can always call and ask or even email the EO. Regardless, you'll probably have a decent shot at a CLI after a good first six months with your QS. Good luck.

Message 2 of 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

You can ask for a SP CLI once every 6 months.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 6
waters
Regular Contributor

You won't get an automatic cli because of the product change but you will still be enrolled in credit steps.

If you want to get a cli before credit steps contact EO. If you get clis before credit steps it does not affect it and you will still get that cli when the time comes.

6/2014; EX:621 EQ:627 TU:640
Cards: Capital One WORLD MC (QS): $7500 | Chase Freedom $3500
Sock: Merrick Bank $600 | Barclaycard $1250 | Sportsman's guide visa $2500

Message 4 of 6
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

Dont think ul get a CLI only to 500 after the 5th statement, thats what they say in the letter

but for me, as I was also enrolled in the credit steps for the cap1, my auto CLI from $300 to $3,300, which i had posted in my other thread.

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all your responses.

Chaselover, that's great to hear. I've paid it off in full about 10 times in the last three months so hopefully they recognize the need for a larger limit!

What was your credit score when that auto CLI came through? Mine's at 690 at the moment. (CapOne credit tracker)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.