cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture Card (high initial cl?)

tag
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Card (high initial cl?)

How is Cap 1 with inquiries and UTL when they consider you for a new card? Right now I have about 5k that has posted across 4 cards total  UTL around 5-6%. 3 inquiries on TU, 2 on EX,  zero on EQ. 

Message 121 of 125
whitehat2
Established Member

@Marcos8 wrote:

How is Cap 1 with inquiries and UTL when they consider you for a new card? Right now I have about 5k that has posted across 4 cards total  UTL around 5-6%. 3 inquiries on TU, 2 on EX,  zero on EQ. 

They definitely don't care about inquiries.. I had a ton when I applied for my Venture cards. I've been swapping my car out more often than not for the last 2 years and each time that adds 3-5 inquiries, which I hate.

Message 122 of 125
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Would it be better to get a card or two to post at zero balance before I proceed? My total UTL isn't bad but currently have 4 of 4 cards showing a balance. I'm about to go on vacation and will more than likely increase the balances somewhat which may take a month or two to get back to normal range. Just debating on doing it now or waiting a couple of months for a more pristine looking file...

Message 123 of 125
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Marcos8 wrote:

Would it be better to get a card or two to post at zero balance before I proceed? My total UTL isn't bad but currently have 4 of 4 cards showing a balance. I'm about to go on vacation and will more than likely increase the balances somewhat which may take a month or two to get back to normal range. Just debating on doing it now or waiting a couple of months for a more pristine looking file...

yes you would be in better shap imo....If you only have one card report < 10% balance.

Message 124 of 125
beephlat
Established Member

BOA/Alaska Airlines: 40k; AMEX Delta Platinum: 39k; BOA/APTA Cash Rewards: 26.4K; Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa: 25k; Capital One Venture One (#1): 23.75k; Wells Fargo Platinum Visa: 21K; Citi Simplicity MC: 20.8K; BECU Reward Signature Visa: 20k; Amex Blue Cash: 20K; Amex EveryDay: 20k; Fidelity Signature Visa: 20K; Citi/Costco Signature Visa: 17.6K; Barclays NFL Extra Points/Seahawks: 15.25K; Citi Double Cash: 15K; BECU Personal Line of Credit: 15k; Capital One Venture One (#2): 10K; Amazon Prime Store Card: 10K; Chevron/Texaco: 10K; Consolidated Community Credit Union Signature Visa: 5K; Barclays Apple Rewards Visa: 4K; Capital One Platinum (secured): $750; AMEX PRG: NPSL; AMEX Unicorn (ZYNC): NPSL; TOTAL Across all Revolving Credit Lines: $363,550
As of 06/17/2018- TU FICO: 800 EX FICO: 813 EQ FICO: 803
09/2011-TU FICO: 5?? EX FICO: 5?? EQ FICO: 503
Message 125 of 125
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.