cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One: Will they PC a QS1to Savor One?

tag
IantoJones
Valued Member

Capital One: Will they PC a QS1to Savor One?

My wife and I carry no CC debt; our only carried balance is a credit union Signature loan (2 yrs left).

Her smallest CC is a QS1 with $39 AF and 1.5% cash back.

Never uses it because her GS AppleCard has 2% back on InstaCart and 3% on UberEats (her largest CC spends; we are among the homebound due to high risk, though we ARE vaccinated).

And Target is 5%.

The Savor could have better CB, but her card is only $2K.

The catch 22 is she NEVER uses it, because lower CB.

But would use the Savor for maybe $1500/mo (PIF).

A human could see that, but they don't use humans.

Anyone think it's worth asking for a PC?
Or should we just close it (we killed all other AF cards, but C1 was a rebuilder for her (though it isn't her oldest as hers was secured, and never graduated, so she killed it).

Her FICOs are in the 782-812 range.

About 9 INQ, but five fall off in Nov.

AAoA about 3.5yrs.

Thank you for any advice.

Starting Score 9/13/14: 570
Current Score 08/12/2021: 798
Goal Score 2021: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
22 REPLIES 22
BenTramer1978
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One: Will they PC a QS1to Savor One?

They don't PC to Savor cards last I heard. Believe me I would have much rather PCed my Quicksilver to a SavorOne instead of 3 more hard pulls.

Message 2 of 23
B3ar155

Yes they will

friend of mine had QS1 for last 8 years. 2 weeks ago called in order to get AF removed by PC to QS and inquired about Venture and Savor PC instead (and the "One" variations)

all were available options, just have to call the # and ask em

AAoA: 4y3m
AoOA: 5y4m
AoYA: 1m
Active:
Amex Gold (yes I know it was dumb)
SavorOne 1000SL
7/21
JCP Store Card 500CL 5/16

WF Auto - 6k/14k
Closed:
5 other Auto loans over the past 11 years
2 Student Loans closed 9/17
Message 3 of 23
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Log into the account, choose the card you want to upgrade and add  /productupgrade after the = in the web address. If an upgrade is available it will tell you along with what your options are. If it doesn't show savor1 as an option, which it probably won't as it's a rare option, you can try calling in and asking. That being said, product changing a qs1 is difficult. You may have to change to something you don't want first and then try upgrading again later to what you do want. 

Message 4 of 23
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Helping out @Brian_Earl_Spilner 

Have it saved in docs for when its needed Smiley Very Happy

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade  

Just sign in.

Message 5 of 23
MommomG08
Valued Member

Smiley Surprised Thanks for sharing this!  I was elidgible

for an upgrade! 

Message 6 of 23
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

@IantoJones I just tried and it wasn't available for me.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B3ar155 wrote:

Yes they will

friend of mine had QS1 for last 8 years. 2 weeks ago called in order to get AF removed by PC to QS and inquired about Venture and Savor PC instead (and the "One" variations)

all were available options, just have to call the # and ask em

@B3ar155, did your friend simply call the number on the back of the QS1?  And was then offered to upgrade to, among others, the SavorOne?  I just want to confirm as I'm very much interested in this possibility. 

Message 8 of 23
Michizane
Regular Contributor

I believe I had the option about 2 years ago when I first went for a PC on my QS1 the first time (had it for like 7 years). But I went to Venture One then QS in like a month, and have not seen the option since. 

The option was on the website using the link that was on these forums...(the link doesn't work anymore, and you have to do /productupgrade on the link for it to work on the site these days). 

Message 9 of 23
B3ar155

@Anonymous they just called # from card  and asked about "upgrading". Initially the rep said they could "upgrade to QS" friend replied with, what about the savor one or another card like venture and they responded with "yes you are able to change to any of the other offerings including savor, savor one, venture or venture one. Also FYI no hard inquiries made and no additional info asked I.e income change

AAoA: 4y3m
AoOA: 5y4m
AoYA: 1m
Active:
Amex Gold (yes I know it was dumb)
SavorOne 1000SL
7/21
JCP Store Card 500CL 5/16

WF Auto - 6k/14k
Closed:
5 other Auto loans over the past 11 years
2 Student Loans closed 9/17
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.