Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One upgrade link question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One upgrade link question

Hello everyone,
I've hit the 3 statement period and gotten a tiny CLI and I just tried to do the next step of clicking the upgrade link for my Platinum card, but it came back with the message that the upgrade is no longer available. Has anyone else run into this before? Am I just SOL or is it because I tried right after my CLI request?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One upgrade link question

I just tried and it worked for me. Hoping for the Savor option but nope... only have the Qs and the Venture. Currently holding venture 1 @31k limit.
Message 2 of 15
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

The CLI request would have nothing to do with the lack of an upgrade offer. Keep trying every month.

Oftentimes, the link isn't as reliable as calling in. Back when Savor PCs were being offered, they never appeared via the link. As it stands, Savor and SavorOne upgrade offers haven't been available at all since the cards were revamped last August.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive had platnium for years never knew of the link but just tried and worked for me upgraded to quicksilver. Thanks
Message 4 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

OP. Clear your cookies. Try a different browser incognito.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok must just be my account for now then. I'll keep trying.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I'll try that as well. Good idea.
Message 7 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Cap-1 has had a rule that one could only get a CLI or an upgrade in a 6 month period of time not both.
Message 8 of 15
3se7ens
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:
Cap-1 has had a rule that one could only get a CLI or an upgrade in a 6 month period of time not both.

I don't think that rule applies anymore. Two days ago after my 4th statement, I got a measley $100 CLI. So I decided to try an upgrade in hopes of better CLI later, I followed the link I found in an older thread and was appoved for the Quicksilver card $0 AF and 1.5 cash back.

As of 3/2022

EQ.-721  |  TU.-731  |  EX.-708

Top Cards:

AmEx Gold - $10,000 POT. BofA Americard $17,000 NFCU CR. $16,000 NFCU Plat.$15,000 FNBO Visa $14,800

Disco Miles $14,000 Chase FU $13,900 USAA Signature $13,000  PayPal MC $10,000 

Macy's AmEx $25,000 Macy's AmEx (upgraded) $25,000

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I remember switching first and then getting the CLI if that helps and I used the link that I found here on MyFico. I went from a subprime Platinum to a subprime QS but hey!!! It has 1.5% CB.

That was when my mind was still exploding because I found a forum called MyFico and my life was changing fast!!!!

Just keep reading!!!!! Cheers!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.