Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one credit steps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one credit steps

@Anonymous wrote:

How do you know if you're part of the Credit Steps program?  I just got my QS1 with a $3k limit.  Am I automatically enrolled because it's a QS1?  Is there a way for me to find out online?

Credit steps is automatic - you'll get an email about is at some point

Message 51 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

At what point does the cli button appear online? My first statement cuts soon.
Message 52 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

My card is currently 5 months old, apped in Dec. Recieved the standard $300 SL to $500 email and am approved for a $100 CLI with the luv button, but I don't really want to hit it because it is less than credit steps.

I use the card like crazy (>$2k monthly spending, VERY HARD with a $300 SL lol) and have a perfect file, other than it just being super thin. Should I hit it just for fun, thoughts?

Message 53 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The button is there now - you just have to hunt for it.  It's located under the Services Menu - click the 'More' option.

That said, the button has been proven to do no good whatsoever until you've had the account open at least 60 days (2 statements)

Good Luck!

Message 54 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

got my CLIs between 60-75 days on two different accounts; number of statements didn't seem to matter though. One card had only one and the other two statements
Message 55 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The button is there now - you just have to hunt for it.  It's located under the Services Menu - click the 'More' option.

That said, the button has been proven to do no good whatsoever until you've had the account open at least 60 days (2 statements)

Good Luck!

I've got the CLI attempt marked on my calendar for later this month. My 2nd payment on my unsecured Platinum is set for tomorrow, and I should get the 3rd statement (for the payment due June 5th) in a week or so thereafter. I figure I'll hit the 90-day mark between May 10 - 17 (approved 2/10, activated 2/17) so I'm going to time it for 5/18 or thereabouts just to be safe.

Message 56 of 71
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Data Point
I just confirmed with a chat rep that i was removed from credit steps once the one time cli was made. I did a manual cli for $100 and $350 for credit steps.
I did not receive any notification about being added/removed from credit steps.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 57 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@601fluguy wrote:
Data Point
I just confirmed with a chat rep that i was removed from credit steps once the one time cli was made. I did a manual cli for $100 and $350 for credit steps.
I did not receive any notification about being added/removed from credit steps.

Just for clarification... The rep told you that you were removed from credit steps once you got your $350 increase?  I thought it was only a one time increase deal.  I was just trying to make sure that you werent saying that by getting the manual $100 increase that you were removed from the program.

Message 58 of 71
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Correct. I was removed after the credit steps $350 cli.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 59 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another datapoint & CSR info- hit the LUV button after my 2nd statement cut and got a CLI of $100 to take my initial CLI to $400.  I called today because I deleted my email and asked when & what I would get for Steps.  He said because I got the $100 cli it would move my account to $750 when steps takes place after 5 statements VS the $500 originally slated.  

My husband opened QS1 on same day I did but with $1k SL.  He keeps getting denied for CLI.  He will try once more after 3rd statement cuts in a few days.  Heavy usage which means he's PIF multiple times over each month.  His denial is for too many inquires.  Hopefully they let a CLI go with LUV button before Steps so his Steps increase grows.  

Message 60 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.