Capital one max total exposure?

tag
Hex
Valued Contributor

Capital one max total exposure?

Cap1 cards I currently have:
Plat Card opened 5/16 PC to QS limit up to $2450
Quicksilver WEMC opened 4/17 limit has always been $15K
Venture VS opened 10/17 limit has always been $30K.
Kohls 10/16 CL up to $3K
Cap 1 Auto loan $14K 1/17 paid down to $5.2K as of now.
I was impatiently waiting for my Venture to turn 6 months old because I really want a Savor Card. Well I’ve waited and no prequal. Smiley Sad
I was wondering if maybe I have maxed out Cap1. I have $47450 in open credit card lines with Cap1 if I don’t count the Kohls card. The minimum line for Savor is $5K. Do you think if I close my Plat card I would have a chance at the Savor? It’s my oldest card but only by 6 months so not a huge deal. Does anyone have over $50K in Cap1 cards? Is it possible if I wait I can qualify for the Savor later? My income is $150K. Any thoughts would be welcome.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital one max total exposure?

There have been lots of people with multiple $30-50k Capital one cards so if they have kind of overall exposure limit, you certinatly haven't hit it.  They have been cutting down limits for people who don't use their limits in recent months.

Impossible to say whether you hit your individual credit limit with them becuase you didn't provide any details about your scores, profile or limits with other lenders.

Message 2 of 21
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I have $80k in CL CC and $30k car loan at 2.49% with Cap One.

So my exposure is over $100k I guess.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Mine is definitely north of ~$250K (inclusive of Cabelas and other private label CCs). The Venture CC alone is $133K.
Message 4 of 21
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Mine is definitely north of ~$250K (inclusive of Cabelas and other private label CCs). The Venture CC alone is $133K.

$133k Venture??? Smiley Surprised

May I ask how you got it so high? was it through CLIs or CC combinations? 

I only have 1 CapOne card at $41k and 2 current car loans at $40k each, but paid down to the mid 20K range.

Message 5 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The $133K Venture was the result of combining Venture and QS - both were approved a few years ago $50K each. I had a previous, older CC with them that was also rolled into the main mix.

So overall, a combination of CLIs and merging CCs into 1 😁
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@imaximous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

$133k Venture??? Smiley Surprised

May I ask how you got it so high? was it through CLIs or CC combinations? 

I only have 1 CapOne card at $41k and 2 current car loans at $40k each, but paid down to the mid 20K range.

Because he’s a credit card super hero.  Goes where no man has gone before.

Message 7 of 21
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Very impressive CL! I think their current policy only allows merging cards if the total amount doesn't exceed $50k. 

Message 8 of 21
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

I've been contemplating rolling my QS into my Venture, but I'm leery of crossing the $20K barrier because I know I won't "use" it and I don't want the CLD that might result!

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, how about doing a PC from your QS to the Savor.  Win-win all around.  You get the card you want, get rid of a card you don't need and do it all without taking on a triple-HP and new account.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.