Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card benefits, do you use yours?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Card benefits, do you use yours?

I usually just think about rewards points when I use my cards. Recently I've been researching the other benefits that my cards offer.  Things like collision damage waivers for car rentals, price protection if something goes on sale later and warranites extended past what the manufacturer offers. I've never used any of these but I think it's time to consider them when I make purchases.  Especailly for big ticket items.  

Have you used any of your card's other benefits? 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 690 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800 / Apple Card - $2700 / Walmart Mastercard - $2500

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Card benefits, do you use yours?

No not yetSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 15
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I have a WMC, and several VS cards, and Ive never used any of the benefits. Ive never even read the benefits, LOL..
Message 3 of 15
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I use some. I have used my Citi card for the price rewind and extended warranty protection. I have used my Amex Platinum for their concierge service. I have used my old Ritz card for there travel delay insurance. I am an AU on my wife's CSP that we use for car rentals for their primary insurance coverage. One Visa Sig benefit I liked quite a bit was their partnership with Fandago I believe it was where it was BOGO on movie tickets Friday nights. 

That is about all I can recall using in the last year or two.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 4 of 15
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Oh yes I take advantage of ALL my cards benefits. My most used is Trip Cancellation, price protection, trip delay, damage and theft protction and price rewind. Altogether I've received almost $10,000 cash back.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use discover deals and amex offers quite a bit
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

We've used citi price rewind a few times and starting with this summer I started using travel insurance through my CSP (though stupidly purchased non-refundable travel insurance when booking delta tickets forgetting about the card perk. Haven't made that mistake since). I intend to use extended warranty for the MacBook I bought & the OLED I'm intending to buy in January. Mostly I forget the perks exist or often don't have opportunity to use them.

Gotten a lot of use through shop with chase, discover deals and even WF gofar Rewards (15% cash on Columbia.com was huge when the whole family needs winter gear). Amex deals are mostly crappy for me or on things like travel where I get better rates using CSP.
Message 7 of 15
galahad15
Valued Contributor

I've used the free Avis / National rental car upgrade benefit of my GM BuyPower WEMC, other benefits not so much though so far...

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just used the concierge for my jetBlue WEMC to see if I could get a good deal on Cirque du Soleil tickets. Unfortunately they were more than going through Vegas.com.

Edited to add: I did get the free checked bag for myself and two others on our flights, though. 

Message 9 of 15
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Don’t know if this counts but I just got my priority pass from my csr, so will see if I use it when I take long trip in mid January 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.