Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card recommendations

tag
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

Card recommendations

What is a good card for using primarily at restaurants? Not necessarily rotating category cards, but gives a good cash back return at restaurants. Thanks
Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
msbia
Established Contributor

Re: Card recommendations

Chase AARP 3%.

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 2 of 9
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

Is that a hard card to get?
Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 3 of 9
msbia
Established Contributor

Not IMO but your mileage may vary. My stats are in my signature and I was approved in April. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are a Sam's Club member you can also get 3% on their mastercard at restaurants. 

Another option is US Bank Cash+.  You can get 5% on fast food [up to $2000 per quarter], and 2% on all other restaurants. 

I believe Huntington Bank also offers 3% as a category choice on restaurants. 

Message 5 of 9
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

restaurant.png

restaurant-gas.png

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jpmack29 wrote:
What is a good card for using primarily at restaurants? Not necessarily rotating category cards, but gives a good cash back return at restaurants. Thanks

You may want to look into the Sallie Mae Master Card or the Wells Fargo Propel 365.

Message 7 of 9
IFtkkdx428
Regular Contributor

@Jpmack29 wrote:

I use the Huntington Voice's 3% Rewards for "Restaurant" category. If you have rotators like the Discover It and Chase Freedom, you can plan your quarters and change it quarterly to best fit your needs. Example: Since Chase Freedom had "Restaurants" this quarter, I changed it to the "Apparel/Soft Goods" category to fit my needs. After this quarter I will change it back to "Restaurants." You can also chose to have a 3% lower APR instead of rewards. This card is much better than Chase's AARP, hands down. I included a helpful attachment below that explains more! 

Huntington_Voice_1022.jpg

Message 8 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jpmack29 wrote:

You may want to look into the Sallie Mae Master Card or the Wells Fargo Propel 365.

Why??  Sallie Mae is 1% at restaurants, and while Propel 365 is 2% there, it has an AF after the first year, and there are free 2% everywhere cards.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.