Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit Approval Odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CareCredit Approval Odds

Hi, so i'm looking to get approved for $6k from carecredit, my credit score TU is 697 right now, I hope to bring it up to 700 by the end of February/early March, my equifax is 730. I monitor this through credit karma so i dont know how accurate it is to the exact FICO score. What are your thoughts?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Re: CareCredit Approval Odds

I don't know specifically about CareCredit, but since Vantage scores can vary widely from the FICO that most lenders use, I'd strongly suggest trying to check those. At one point my CK Vantage scores were 80 points lower than my FICO. Many credit cards let you see your FICO online, do you have any credit cards? Some Credit Unions will also show your score. Barring that, there are paid services such as MyFICO (which sponsors/hosts this forum) that you can subscribe to and then cancel so you just pay for one month to get the scores.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would MyFICO lower my score or would it work like credit karma? And yes, I have one credit card from a union and one from capital one

Message 3 of 8
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Getting your FICO score, either from a credit card/union or from a paid service will not affect it.

Can you log into your card and CU accounts and see if they have a link to view your FICO score? If you post the credit union and the exact type of Cap1 card you have, somebody here might be able to tell you if they make the score available.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My capital one platinum, now looking into it, offers credit wise. my credit union card is with the county i live in so i dont want to post it, but i will look into it. Thank you for the advice!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 gives Vanage 3.0 TU scores and EX alerts with their CreditWise app. You can download the Experian app or go to their website. It will give you your EX Fico 08 for free. There is also a trial that will give you all three scores. If you do not wish to continue with it, be sure to cancel your it before 30 days are up. They will still give you your EX score though.

I was approved for CareCredit the beginning of this month with a 647 TU Fico 08. 

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you get approved for with carecredit?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you get approved for with carecredit?

Im sorry, I forgot to mention that. When I app’d it asks what procedure and how much it is expected to cost. I cited a dental procedure that would cost $10k. They approved me for $6k. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.