Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit BK friendly?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CareCredit BK friendly?

Hi 

I have my BK7 discharge in Jan 2020. I would love to apply for CareCredit but wonder if they are BK friendly. I did not burn them in BK but did burn synchrony bank with amazon store card for about 2.8k. 

Anyone knows if there is a chance to get approved for CareCredit? 

My current credit score is 667 TU 665 EQ and 637 EXP. 

just looking to get a card with higher CL.

thanks in advance 

7 REPLIES 7
Bradac56
Regular Contributor

Re: CareCredit BK friendly?

CareCredit is Synchrony and they are finikey over BK's.

I wouldn't say you have no chance but if your only wanting it for the CL I would look at different cards.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the advice. Yes I was looking more for CL. I did get Capital one with 3K will look at PenFed, unfortunately, can't get in Navy.  

Message 3 of 8
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the advice. Yes I was looking more for CL. I did get Capital one with 3K will look at PenFed, unfortunately, can't get in Navy.  

I'm thinking PenFed and Discover should be your next stops in your shopping for a card.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait 2 years post BK or start a checking account with them now and perhaps get in earlier. But since they changed their underwriting rules a year ago, PenFed is 2 years post BK. Some with reaffirmed car loans etc. have gotten in earlier. But once your in, they are generous with prime interest rate and good SL (for the circumstance). I just applied yesterday 2.5 years post BK and got 17.99% $6500 SL Gold Visa.

Message 5 of 8
Bradac56
Regular Contributor

Pendfed is doubtful at best with a 2020 BK. 

I agree with opening a checking account plus adding a DD per paycheck to the account to start a relationship with them.  Two years would be the earliest I would try getting a CC from them. 

A secured Discovery card should be far more doable. 

Message 6 of 8
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wait 2 years post BK or start a checking account with them now and perhaps get in earlier. But since they changed their underwriting rules a year ago, PenFed is 2 years post BK. Some with reaffirmed car loans etc. have gotten in earlier. But once your in, they are generous with prime interest rate and good SL (for the circumstance). I just applied yesterday 2.5 years post BK and got 17.99% $6500 SL Gold Visa.

This is false. The 2yrs post BK waiting period is not quite the rule anymore. I was approved for my first Penfed card 9 months post BK7 filing and more recently the 2nd one at 12 months. I dont reach my first anniversary post BK7 discharge until July. OP needs to have at least a 650 EQ score and should apply for the Power Cash card for best chances of approval.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am 11 months post BK opened a savings account with $70 in it at penfed and same day applied for credit card . They approved me for $5000  at 17.99%. Power cash rewards . I did have to send prooof of income . I also have several other cc and was very focused on my credit rebuild since day one.  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.