Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centurion??

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Centurion??

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
This is an old thread, but I agree with navthis. Centurion is old news.

UGH, I hate when I don't notice the date of threads lol.

Message 21 of 79
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Bahahahah. I've learned to be extta cautious. It's almost like a trick! The people bringing them up prob dont realize it either ...ahem op. Lol :-p
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 22 of 79
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Old thread or not. Lots of bad info in thread. There is no spend amount that will automatically get you invited currently. There is an unpublished minimum spend required to be eligible for invite which is more than the old 250k requirement. That is the big change. Min spend amount does not automatically get you invite anymore. Mainly tough because Amex was giving them out like candy for a while and Amex chairman freaked out. Someone said they got invite for spending 240k which is off as I know min spend is higher unless they spent a lot more the previous year.

As for why it is good, that's whole other discussion.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 23 of 79
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Bahahahah. I've learned to be extta cautious. It's almost like a trick! The people bringing them up prob dont realize it either ...ahem op. Lol :-p

This one I can let go, since it's at least this year. When threads that are like three or more years get brought up though, I'm like, "Why!?".

Message 24 of 79
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Hahaha me too!
This thread sucked anyway. Hahahaha!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 25 of 79
IWOL
Established Contributor

I have had a business Platinum card since 2009. Our yearly spend on it is around $800k and never had an invite for the Centurion. At one point in time we were charging close to $250k a month mostly paying US customs duty through a 3rd party but that only lasted about 3 months and they wouldn't accept AMEX payments anymore . Instead of sending a Black card invite we got an FR.

It's very easy for a business to charge 250K in a year, so I would think the threshold for business would be higher than that. I can't see any extra benefit we would get over that Platinum anyways other than the oohs and aahs from some people.

Message 26 of 79
GOldfishes
Contributor

And my understanding is that you have to hold a plat before you can get a cent invite?

Experian: 734 Equifax: 765 Transunion:776

BoA Cash Rewards($6500)|Fidelity Investment Rewards AMEX($5000)|Chase Freedom($4000)|
Chase Sapphire Preferred($6500)|Amex PRG ($NPSL)|Amex SPG($6000)|Amex Business Gold Rewards($NPSL)|Amex BCE ($10,200)|Citi AA Exec ($10,500)|
Message 27 of 79
StudentSam
New Contributor

word. nonetheless i spend 300k+ a month on my CC for ads so im sure if they wanted to invite me they would

Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 79
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

This is an old thread, but I agree with navthis. Centurion is old news.

Just curious what's the "new news" then lol?  I don't think there is another card out there that delivers airline status like the centurion does, That would be the key benefit I would use.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 29 of 79
navyox
Regular Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

It seems a waste of money to me, unless your goal is to waste money. I really couldn't care less about flashing a credit card to get people's attention. Maybe I'm missing what the attraction of this card is? I was never impressed with it and am curious as to why so many people think it's the best thing since Ford.

People are people, they value different things for different reasons.   One could argue that an Aston Martin is waste of money because a Corvette will get you around a racetrack just a fast or faster for a fraciton of the price.   Like anything else, value is in the eye of the beholder.

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 30 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.