Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chance of AA from chase

tag
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Chance of AA from chase

I’ve recently (within the last 2 weeks and it’s currently in my wallet) gotten a chase Sapphire preferred which wasn’t my only approval... I’ve had 2 (BB&T) soft pull new card approvals (1 before chase and 1 after) and 1 more approved card from USB. I don’t want to lose chase since it’s by far my biggest CL and my go to travel card and I do travel extensively. My question to all of you is what is the chances of chase frowning at me for 3 new accounts popping up along with or slightly after them.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chance of AA from chase

If you have to ask this question then you already know you put yourself at risk. 

Just lay low, don’t do anything to bring attention to yourself and hope for the best. Worry about it doesn’t do any good since what’s done is done. 

Message 2 of 17
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Right you are, it’s that itchy finger that gets you every time. I suppose I’ll see what happens...

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 3 of 17
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I don't know the odds, but continued apps probably won't help. Consider finding some unrelated hobby for a bit if you truly feel addicted to credit.

FWIW, after I got CSR I stretched my next three apps out over the course of a year.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 17
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I need to take up basket weaving or something, credit has always fascinated me. I’ve even helped family and coworkers with theirs. I guess I was pretty lost too until I found the forums here years ago. I said I was going to garden indefinitely and that lasted about a week so back in the garden I go and pray chase doesn’t frown upon me sowing more seeds..

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

LMAO!

it's a common problem around here getting caught up in all the success you see around you.  you're relegated to CLI's only for the next 12 months!  Dig around here a bit more and tackle questions from others is a good distraction from that flashing neon apply button.

Message 6 of 17
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

You may be correct, or even worse is getting caught up in your own success, to be fair I hadn’t hit a submit app button in years prior to last month. I’m apparently making up for lost time and need to quit that. We’ll see what happens when they do their new accounts review on me. I did see USB has done some soft pulls checking me out too.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone likes to peek at your reports.  Some more than others.

image.png

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@addicted_to_credit wrote:
Right you are, it’s that itchy finger that gets you every time. I suppose I’ll see what happens...

I know the feeling. I realize my message could have sounded condescending and it wasn’t meant that way. I am bracing myself for all of my new accounts to hit and drop my scores myself. I’ve already had Experian go down from 713 to 694 just from inquiries, one new account, and my AoOA going from >10 years to <10 years the other day. I’m not as worried about it though because the accounts I added were Synchrony, Capital One, and AMEX. 

Now I have to force myself to sit in the garden and stop applying too. 

Message 9 of 17
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

That looks more like stalking, 14 times between February and March??? Amex is a different animal entirely... I do miss them and the account history that went along with them. I thank my dear ex wife for that bridge burning!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.