Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the Due Date on Cards

tag
Beast26
Frequent Contributor

Changing the Due Date on Cards

When you change the due date on your card does the reporting date change as well?  I am trying to get all my cards to report around the same time.  I can change the due date but I'm not sure if the reporting date will stay the same.  

Revolving history: 2 years 4months across the board
AAoA:
TU: 5yrs 10months
EX: 2yrs 2 months
EQ: ~5yrs 6 months
Inquiries: Ex: 1/12. EQ: 1/12 Tu: 1/12
As of 10-5-2020

Quicksilver $3,000
Discover It Miles $17,500
Chase Freedom Flex $4,400
Amazon Prime Store Card $6,000
Walmart MC $2,500
Wells Fargo Active Cash $8,000
Citi Custom Cash $8,400
Verizon Visa $20,000
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

Re: Changing the Due Date on Cards

@Beast26 wrote:

When you change the due date on your card does the reporting date change as well?  I am trying to get all my cards to report around the same time.  I can change the due date but I'm not sure if the reporting date will stay the same.  

It's bank dependent. Which bank?

Message 2 of 9
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

For citi bank i changed the due date and the reporting date did change with the due date.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 3 of 9
Beast26
Frequent Contributor

I'm going to change my chase freedom flex and my amazon prime store card due dates.  Hoping the report date will change if you guys know about these two cards in this situation.

AAoA:
As of 10-5-2020

Quicksilver $3,000
Walmart MC $2,500
Citi Custom Cash $8,400
Verizon Visa $20,000
Message 4 of 9
blindambition
Senior Contributor

This is Bank specific, and CU usually have specific date for everyone.

My Chase statements close 3 days after due date. Examples; Amazon is due on 14th, and closes 17th, CFU is due on 12th, and statement closes 15th. Chase reports on the closing date.

Message 5 of 9
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@Beast26 wrote:

I'm going to change my chase freedom flex and my amazon prime store card due dates.  Hoping the report date will change if you guys know about these two cards in this situation.

You have two interesting lenders for different reasons.

1) Chase. There is nothing more certain than death, taxes, and Chase cards reporting on a statement closing date. The only exception (which can be a bonus), is you can get Chase to report at anytime of the month by simply paying your balance down to zero. They will report then report the $0 balance immediately to the bureaus. 

2) Synchrony/Amazon Store - Synchrony generally speaking will report on the statement closing date. But there are times when they randomly report. I'm not sure if it's a software issue.

Message 6 of 9
Beast26
Frequent Contributor

I can't find where amazon store card gives the option to change the due date.

AAoA:
As of 10-5-2020

Quicksilver $3,000
Walmart MC $2,500
Citi Custom Cash $8,400
Verizon Visa $20,000
Message 7 of 9
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Credit12Fico wrote:

@Beast26 wrote:

You have two interesting lenders for different reasons.

1) Chase. The is nothing more certain than death, taxes, and Chase cards reporting on a statement closing date. The only exception (which can be a bonus), is you can get Chase to report at anytime of the month by simply paying your balance down to zero. They will report then report the $0 balance immediately to the bureaus. 

2) Synchrony/Amazon Store - Synchrony generally speaking will report on the statement closing date. But there are times when they randomly report. I'm not sure if it's a software issue.

It's not a software issue. Most likely Synchrony warning lenders. They like to report large purchases.

Message 8 of 9
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Your statement date is almost certain to change along with the due date. That's because the law states that there must be at least 21 days because the statement and the due date. If you're dealing with the usual situation, i.e. a bank that reports the statement balance on or soon after the statement date, I'd expect the report date to change accordingly.

Banks that do something else, like US Bank reporting on the last business day of the month, will continue reporting as they had before.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.