Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase AARP questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase AARP questions

What is the minimum redemption amount for this card?

What AARP benefits have u used, or u find most useful for this card other than the 3% restaurant cash back?

Does the 3% cashback on restaurant include fast-food, bars, etc. or is it strictly just dine-in restaurants?
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase AARP questions

You get 3% at restaurants, fast food, and places like Smoothie King and Starbucks (anything with MCCs 5812 and 5814).

If you get an actual AARP membership, you get 15% off at Outback, Carrabbas, Bonefish Grill and Dennys everyday, $5 off $25+ At Toys R Us, 10% off your AT&T bill, etc.

Message 2 of 20
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Not sure about bars, but I'm sure they qualify. Oh, and you don't need to be 50+ to get an AARP membership. However, membership is not necessary to get the card

Message 3 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@thelethargicage wrote:
Not sure about bars, but I'm sure they qualify. Oh, and you don't need to be 50+ to get an AARP membership. However, membership is not necessary to get the card

My CSP is my BAR card as I get 2x ur on all drinksSmiley Happy.  So assume AARP is same

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the minimum redemption for this card? Or is it any amount like the Quicksilver?
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump, does anyone know the minimum redemption for this card?

Also, can anyone upload an image of their card (account numbers censored or blurred of course)? 

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Minimum redemption is $20. Sort of an odd request on the card image, but I will oblige!

218.jpeg

Message 7 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Minimum redemption is $20. Sort of an odd request on the card image, but I will oblige!

218.jpeg

Where is your AARP #? lol.. Not 55 or whatever yet.. You know you can join in your 20's Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in my 20s! I just left the membership number question blank when I applied for the card. I used to get AARP letters all the time after I got approved for the card. Fewer recently, though.

Message 9 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I am in my 20s! I just left the membership number question blank when I applied for the card. I used to get AARP letters all the time after I got approved for the card. Fewer recently, though.

I know was giving you a rough timeSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.