Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Prime Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon Prime Visa

Hey All,

I have a few questions that I couldn't really find any data points for. I heard that this card is easier to get than normal with Chase is this true? I am thinking about applying for this card in June for my 21st and I was wondering if I apped for both this card and the Chase Freedom would my inqs be combined or would there be two separate pulls? Also is it wise to try and get two Chase cards for my first go with Chase, I am not "in with Chase" and I closed a savings account with them about 7 months ago so I don't have any connections with them right now, or should I just go for one and wait for the second? Thank you all for your insight and help!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Amazon Prime Visa

No one?

Message 2 of 21
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

I think we'd have to know a lot more about your situation to be able to answer your question.  What are the 20 cards you already have?  What are the credit limits?  What kind of utilization do you have?  What's your income?  Do you have any baddies on your record?  What are your credit scores?  If you're worried about numbers of inquiries, I suspect you already have a lot of recent inquiries on the record...

Relying solely on the information in your OP, I would recommend you go for the Freedom now and the Amazon later.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I should've been clearer so I apologize. I'm a 20 year old college student, so I meant 21st birthday not 21st credit card. I have 2 credit cards (Discover IT Student and JetBlue Mastercard) I am looking to add two or a few more cards to my wallet in June when I turn 21. I was planning to get in the door with Chase by applying for the Freedom and the Amazon card to combine the inqs. I am also looking at possibly Cap1 QS or Citi DC, but I think if I got two Chase cards I would stop there.

Some stats, my first card was the discover it student card in August 2015 that has a 4,600 limit and 13.49% APR. My next card was JetBlue Mastercard May 2016 with a $1,500 limit and a 22.24% APR. So I have one hard pull on my record as of now (Barclay TU) but it falls off in May and I have a 770 TU and 770 EQ I'd probably put down like $36,000ish for income. I have no baddies, lates or delinquencies. Squeaky clean but thin file I'm not an authorized user on any cards nor have I been so everything I have as far as credit is all me.

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

With 770 scores you should be good to get one or both cards from Chase.  You're well below their "5/24" rule so you should be able to get the Freedom, and if you get that you'll certainly be able to get the Amazon since that one is even easier to qualify for.  I'd go for the Freedom first and then the Amazon.  Even if it results in 2 inquiries that won't be the end of the world, and I think Chase will re-use the same inquiry if it's within 30 days.

Message 5 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

With 770 scores you should be good to get one or both cards from Chase.  You're well below their "5/24" rule so you should be able to get the Freedom, and if you get that you'll certainly be able to get the Amazon since that one is even easier to qualify for.  I'd go for the Freedom first and then the Amazon.  Even if it results in 2 inquiries that won't be the end of the world, and I think Chase will re-use the same inquiry if it's within 30 days.

As a general rule, I would always apply for the card I want most first.   While you may well be fine, a second card is going to have a slightly lower chance of being approved, so if you want the Amazon more, go for it first.

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey OP! All of my data points were similar as yours except I had a lower score than you, in the 730-740 range when I applied and got approved. But for a $500 SL. (I also put 20k income) It was also the 3rd card I applied for that day since I went on a mini spree. You’d definitely get approved. If ur between the FU and Amazon get both if they fit your needs. But apply for the one you want the most first.
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dhurtz were you over 21 when you applied? Also did you get both as instant approvals or did you have to call back and recon, also did it just go through as one HP? Thanks so much everyone for the input! I think I'm going to apply for the Freedom first then the Amazon card, but am not quite sure. Maybe the Amazon then freedom I want the Amazon more, but I don't want to risk putting the harder to get card second. I know it's a bit of a stupid mentality. 

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m 21 now! I got my first card jan 2016 and second august 2016. I’m not sure if it pulled Experian or not since I use CK to monitor my credit but it did pull EQ. The app spree I did was Citibank aa gold (instant approval), amex bce (instant) and then the amazon I got a 30 day message, I called and they said it was approved and immediately received an email with my approval. I definitely think you will get approved. I believe chase combines both apps for 1 hard pull. Good luck!! Can’t wait to see your post in the approvals page
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate it but my birthday is still 3 months away so I still have a little of time before I'm gonna pull the trigger thanks for all of the tips though!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.