Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CC and adding a Joint Account Holder

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase CC and adding a Joint Account Holder

I am an authorized user for this credit card right now, if I add myself as a joint account holder.....will they pull a hard inquiry??

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase CC and adding a Joint Account Holder

@Anonymous wrote:

I am an authorized user for this credit card right now, if I add myself as a joint account holder.....will they pull a hard inquiry??

Thanks in advance

I have add my spouse as a joint applicant on one of my Chase CC and there are no hard pull on her CR. This was done 3yrs ago.....

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thanks!!!

Message 3 of 9
john398
Senior Contributor

does it report on the au cedit report?

Message 4 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks in advance

My experience was the same as tntexans. Chase didn't pull a hard or a soft inq when I was an AU and apped for joint account holder. This was also three years ago.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it usually report on the credit report as AU or JC?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just did the exact same thing a couple months ago.  Within a month it should show as a revolving account on your reports.  Chase did not do a hard pull when going from an AU to a joint account holder.  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just did the exact same thing a couple months ago.  Within a month it should show as a revolving account on your reports.  Chase did not do a hard pull when going from an AU to a joint account holder.  Smiley Happy

thanks, if its not reported yet, do you know if I can call the credit bureau and they can have Chase resend the revolving accounts on my report?

I would really appreciate if anyone knows the answer to this

Message 8 of 9
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

You can't "add" yourself. They will require a new application. Then, if approved it would show as your account as well as the co-applicants. I have had joint cards in the distant past whcih only showed on the primary applicants CR and not the secondarys. But it has been a very long time since I have had a joint account. I will call and ask.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.