cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Cancelled my CSP, cannot understand why. Anything to be done?

tag
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Cancelled my CSP, cannot understand why. Anything to be done?

Sounds like you are their loss - plenty of other banks out there for a good customer like you. The real reason is probably that you are a net loss to them, as you pay your bill before they can earn any interest. I think everyone in these banks see how much profit you generate for them every time they look at your account on their screen. If it is low or negative, they are not motivated to work with you.

Message 11 of 31
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous

Propably they did. Chase is acting paranoid lately. A lot account closures out of the blue. I've recently opened an account with them and they asked me 2 times for 2 different account related reasons to verify my SSN. I'm actually concerned tbh. Not for the account but for the reason they act like this.

Really hoping I don’t do this to me .....

Message 12 of 31
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@gdale6wrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymous @gdale6! Given that they were apparantly there when I opened the card last year, does that fit the timeline?

Work on the collections... Smiley Wink

Who'da thunk an erronious 5 bucks would cause this much trouble. Ugh...

I really hope that's the root of it - I've already got a promise to delete en route by mail Smiley Happy

I was concerned that maybe they thought I was a bust-out risk or something? Because of the multiple payments each month.

You dont fit the pattern of bust out.

https://www.experian.com/assets/decision-analytics/white-papers/bust-out-fraud-white-paper.pdf

Reading that I would think so, imho I think that was what spooked Chase. I’d really hate to have an account closed because of that!

Message 13 of 31
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous

Currently, I have a pdf copy of the letter the original creditor (a doctor's office) sent the collection agency, instructing them to send me a letter confirming that they will delete the item from my credit reports with the understanding that once I have that letter from the collections agency I will pay the five bucks (which I certainly will).

From my talks with Chase yesterday, I think I'll have to reapply (they won't reopen) and my gut tells me to wait until the derogatory accounts are removed from my report to do so (which may take a month or two to trickle through the parties involved) - but I'm also curious if it would be better to just move fast and go to my local Chase with that letter and talk to someone. What do you think? Certainly won’t hurt, maybe talk to a manager or someone.....really freaking sucks because you lost all your UR points! Right?

That's a relief. I was worried that the combination of multiple monthly payments, the lack of a mortgage (I'm a renter) and being a relatively new cardholder was bad.

Message 14 of 31
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@kilroy8wrote:

Sounds like you are their loss - plenty of other banks out there for a good customer like you. The real reason is probably that you are a net loss to them, as you pay your bill before they can earn any interest. I think everyone in these banks see how much profit you generate for them every time they look at your account on their screen. If it is low or negative, they are not motivated to work with you.

Nahuh 

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertharrow/2018/01/29/wh...

Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gregory1776wrote:

@Anonymous

Currently, I have a pdf copy of the letter the original creditor (a doctor's office) sent the collection agency, instructing them to send me a letter confirming that they will delete the item from my credit reports with the understanding that once I have that letter from the collections agency I will pay the five bucks (which I certainly will).

From my talks with Chase yesterday, I think I'll have to reapply (they won't reopen) and my gut tells me to wait until the derogatory accounts are removed from my report to do so (which may take a month or two to trickle through the parties involved) - but I'm also curious if it would be better to just move fast and go to my local Chase with that letter and talk to someone. What do you think? Certainly won’t hurt, maybe talk to a manager or someone.....really freaking sucks because you lost all your UR points! Right?

That's a relief. I was worried that the combination of multiple monthly payments, the lack of a mortgage (I'm a renter) and being a relatively new cardholder was bad.

Fortunately, I was able to get my UR points back as cash.

Message 16 of 31
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Well at least you got something back .....

Message 17 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kilroy8wrote:

I REALLY doubt that that is the reason, lots of people don't pay any interest, and putting $50K through in a year gives them some decent swipe fees.

Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurkerwrote:

@kilroy8wrote:

I REALLY doubt that that is the reason, lots of people don't pay any interest, and putting $50K through in a year gives them some decent swipe fees.

Do you think it's as simple as this stupid $5 collections that was on my record when the card was issued last year somehow becoming more urgent?

Message 19 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@longtimelurkerwrote:

@kilroy8wrote:

Do you think it's as simple as this stupid $5 collections that was on my record when the card was issued last year somehow becoming more urgent?

Might be.   Also, it's possible that the collection wasn't there when Chase looked.  Something might have made it appear?   Don't know!

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.