cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase/Capital One Travel Claims

tag
ninjaalex

Chase/Capital One Travel Claims

Recently me and 2 friends booked a trip out of the country. One of the friends (friend 3) had a serious medical emergency that I will skip on giving details on for her daughter and the entire trip was for her so we had to cancel, in summary. 

I booked my flight with my Chase Sapphire. Other friend (friend 2) booked with Capital One Venture. 
We both attempted to get our flights refunded, mine was about 1000 and hers was 1200. 

Chase required me to fill out several forms and send about 7 documents to "submit" for a travel reimbursement that they said might not even get approved.  

Capital One required one phone call and the refund was given. No documents required. 

Both of us gave same story and reason for refund request.

Both about 2 weeks prior to trip. 

It's been a month and the only response I got from Chase was requiring more documents including having Friend 3 go get a signature from a doctor. 

Im disappointed in Chase and this really makes me want to have a Capital One travel card instead. We both pay $95 annual fees and it seems Capital One appreciates that more.  

Just thought I'd share my story for others considering travel cards. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
WasteMgmt
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase/Capital One Travel Claims

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they do refund you. My experience with trip delay with Chase wasn't the greatest as I had to resubmit the same forms a few times but I eventually got the refund for the hotel cost. 

CapitalOne Venture X, CapitalOne Quicksilver, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Freedom OG, Chase Freedom OG, Amex BCE, Wells Fargo Autograph
Last application 5/2023
Message 2 of 3
DrewfromTexas
New Contributor

Re: Chase/Capital One Travel Claims

My experience was just the opposite. I submitted a claim for a couple hundred dollars for hotel and meals with capital one venture X and the claim company was an absolute pain to deal with and was dragging it out months and I finally only got them to send payment after filling a BBB claim and review.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.